Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This came through on my eBay feed today:

I have 'HRC' configurations, but no way known would I even pay half that!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
you guys can sell number plates? i couldn't even transfer the plates from my dads bike to mine when he gave me the bike.

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you guys can sell number plates? i couldn't even transfer the plates from my dads bike to mine when he gave me the bike.
Yes. Through our registration branch DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency ) we can purchase plates and retain them on any vehicle we choose. If we want to transfer to another vehicle, there's an £80.00 fee. This is a massive money generation for the government and also for private companies selling them on commission. I've helped fill the coffers :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
The great thing about personalised plates in the UK is that most of them stick in the memory unlike the standard plate format, nice and easy to remember for the wannabe police officers crawling along in their tin boxes, so you end up with the equivalent of an advertising billboard on the back of your bike for them to note down and report you when they perceive you have ridden like a twat, mostly backed up by video evidence on the dashcam that nearly every car now as, the more frustrated they get in long lines of slow moving traffic, the more vindictive they get.

Big miss for me for those reasons alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts