Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1988 Honda CBR 600. Interested in deleting the airbox and running open filters. For the care racer look and to free up room for my tucked harness. Anyone have ideas?:eek:

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,113 Posts
If i remember correctly from when I owned mine the bottom of the airbox is secured to the carb bodies. What I can't remember is when that comes off, is there enough velocity stack height/width for an individual filter to bolt on to :idunno: Uni Filter makes all sorts of sizes for individual "pod" bolt on filters, you would just have to figure out what size would work.

I'll offer this as well, ditching the airbox will worsen the midrange hit (or lack there of) to the point where it will only feel like you have horsepower in the last 2000 RPMS before redline. That being said, I'm eager to see how your build progresses.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If i remember correctly from when I owned mine the bottom of the airbox is secured to the carb bodies. What I can't remember is when that comes off, is there enough velocity stack height/width for an individual filter to bolt on to :idunno: Uni Filter makes all sorts of sizes for individual "pod" bolt on filters, you would just have to figure out what size would work.

I'll offer this as well, ditching the airbox will worsen the midrange hit (or lack there of) to the point where it will only feel like you have horsepower in the last 2000 RPMS before redline. That being said, I'm eager to see how your build progresses.
Thanks Ian, you are right I am sure. I imagined a cleaner look but I do love some midrange....lol.

Might just keep it as it is :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts