Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys know. My dishwasher is broke and she gets real testy ...stopped cooking and cleaning too. Think before getting married I tell you!

What do you guys know about built in under counter dishwashers. I am looking at buying one. Suggestions?

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
They make quieter ones and that would be nice. Other than that I would look at energy rating and ask the old dishwasher what color.

:plus1:

and check the drawers before buying. the dishwasher we have at my house is only a couple years old and from day 1 they just don't slide all that great. if you don't pull them out perfectly straight they bind up a little. not a huge deal but kind of annoying and only gets worse with weight in them.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
A backhand always works pretty good. Tell her "That is your job, if you won't do it.....There is plenty more out there that will".

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
:plus1:

and check the drawers before buying. the dishwasher we have at my house is only a couple years old and from day 1 they just don't slide all that great. if you don't pull them out perfectly straight they bind up a little. not a huge deal but kind of annoying and only gets worse with weight in them.
We are talking about dishwashers...right...

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I have a Maytag with the stainless interior. I really like the stainless. On my old one with the porcelain, or painted interior (whatever it is) it got all stained and developed scratches and rust spots as it aged.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
We have a Kenmore Elite and it's so quiet you can't hear it. We run it when we have company and we can all be in the kitchen and nobody knows it's running. Stainless interior, sanitizing, etc. Highly recommended.

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
my dishwasher, she only works in spurts.

i think i have a ge or kenmore, cant remember. what ever it is, it is alot quieter than the manual one that wanders about the house.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Be careful when buying a so-called quiet dishwasher. A guy told me last week that when he bought his dishwasher the salesman put a ringing alarm clock inside it to show how well it cut the noise. Apparently that was an irrelevant demonstration because he said when he got it hooked up and running it was just as loud as his old one.
:rotfl:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My plan is to locate one come January. My dellima is depth. My counter is 22. I need to go to bestbuy with a tape measure and see what fits and if I want it to stick out a little. The bosch models at sears.com seem to be 22 ish in depth. Another more expensive option is to get rid of my washer and dryer for stackable units and get a portable dishwasher. Perhaps a built in, and locate another piece of granite to extend the counter top?

At one point there was a wall between the laundry room and the kitchen. The laundry was moved to an unattached garage out back... I moved it back. I have the washer and dryer kinda like an extended kitchen counter at the far end, before the back door.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts