Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waffling (ala Chain) over where to get new tires, I finally ordered through a local small-time shop. DMT offered the lowest prices I found on the Avon AV45/AV46 combo - $83 front, $123 rear, plus about $24 shipping. I called several local shops today, most didn't want to even try to compete with volume mail order places, but one guy (who I know, somewhat) came up with the same price for the rear, and $103 for the front. I would rather spend my $$ with local business anyway, and after the tax/shipping offsets, it's not that big a difference. Plus I will have the tires in 2-3 days. DMT quoted a shipping time of 5-10 working days! What the hell is up with that?!

P.S. - Chain! You had better be right about these tires - I am counting on your recommendation. But now that you have jumped ship, who knows?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Suckaaaa!

j/k They're great sport/touring tires

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Good deal mini.

Just make sure they're not seconds. I heard Avon had several production runs of tires that failed QT and dumped 'em cheap. Watch your six buddy.

J

·
Registered
233 Posts
fumbducker : Good deal mini.

Just make sure they're not seconds.  I heard Avon had several production runs of tires that failed QT and dumped 'em cheap.  Watch your six buddy.

J
Oh great, now you tell him!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Heeere fishy fishy

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Bacchus : Thanks 2OH!  Fumb, I will see you in hell!  
Gotta admit, he got you good

·
Registered
233 Posts
Would you guys stop beating up that fumb ducker! Too funny

·
Registered
929 Posts
Chain : You'll love those tires.
...when you FINALLY get them. Just in time to store the bike.

Seriously, why are you changing tires right now - given your location, or are you a manly man and ride in the Winter?

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
googolplexu : Quote (Chain @ Oct. 30 2003, 7:59am)You'll love those tires.
...when you FINALLY get them.  Just in time to store the bike.  

Seriously, why are you changing tires right now - given your location, or are you a manly man and ride in the Winter?
Are you talking about Chain changing tires? I am the one changing tires, and I live in the desert where one can ride YEAR ROUND

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I heard they're really good for selling cosmetics door-to-door.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Anybody have some 954 S/B bodywork laying around they'll want to sell in a couple of weeks? A certain member may need it...

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Uh, LTL, aren't you TOTALLY in the wrong thread? Let me tell you how to post a brand new thread, all your own .

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I've heard that they're the number one tire among senior riders who prefer a more Barcalounger type of ride. They look especially good on vehicles that are of a monochromatic nature, such as this one:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts