Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just making a more likely than not failed attempt at getting some riders together. I am currently in the Eugene area and head up to the portland area from time to time. Anyone from around here???

Been trying to get a pack going but its not working all that well. More so due to the winter. :thumbd: (please die winter) However, I figured a failed attempted is still an attempt. Let me know if anyone is in the area or will be and we can set something up!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey neither do I!! Lol I ride with my guy. I just picked up a manual a few weeks ago. Perhaps we could take a class together?? haha just so long as you dont tell any of the guys/gals here if I really suck at it lol Hit me up if you ever want to get to gether and just shoot the shiz. Im new here and dont know a soul out here. Sucks....

·
Registered
198 Posts
lol. My bro rides too so hopefully I will be getting my endorsement at the beginning of march...if I have enough money...since they raised the price from $100 to $155! I wouldn't tell anybody you suck...lol. I've been here all my life...I just don't know anybody from the Eugene area. That does suck though

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol. My bro rides too so hopefully I will be getting my endorsement at the beginning of march...if I have enough money...since they raised the price from $100 to $155! I wouldn't tell anybody you suck...lol. I've been here all my life...I just don't know anybody from the Eugene area. That does suck though

$155 huh??? That does blow lol . Better get going before they get squirly and raise it again huh? hehe

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wow...that is pretty cool. Do you guys have meets? One of the pics looks like it is off of highway 20...I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have been cursing blasphemies at the winter weather for about 3 months. I am in Corvallis but didnt see this til today. I actually rode to Salem and back to their cycle gear. Let me know when you want to arrange a ride and I might show up seeing as my weekends are free.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
was going to stop at the springfield cycle gear last night. Being sunday and all we just missed their closing time. I have only been in there once and it wasnt too bad!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I went there awhile back actually. I went with my brother to springfeild for a wrestling tournament and we both screwed around all day. I like the motorcycle parking spots...lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah I thought that was a pretty neat thing outside a gear shop. lol Bike parking closer than the handicap!

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Hey neither do I!! Lol I ride with my guy. I just picked up a manual a few weeks ago. Perhaps we could take a class together?? haha just so long as you dont tell any of the guys/gals here if I really suck at it lol Hit me up if you ever want to get to gether and just shoot the shiz. Im new here and dont know a soul out here. Sucks....

everyone sucks at first. I think I finished #2 in my class and only by a point or 2, still doesn't mean I was very good when I first started riding. just be patient and careful and the skills will come with practice and more miles.

$155, thats not bad. the class here was $275 5 years ago.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
$155, thats not bad. the class here was $275 5 years ago.
Holy Shnikes! lol I guess it really doesnt matter just so long as it teaches you the basics of keeping your wheeles down though right? I have every intentions of taking the class, my biggest tug right now is do I want to go for the 250 or 500... I have had dirt bike experience and riding quads before, so I have the basics on shifting down. People say if I have that down 250 will be WAY too boring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They use mostly 250 cruisers for the team oregon class at LCC. Depends on your size. I was on a dual sport for mine. Great class. Well worth the money spent. The classes fill up fast so if you get scheduled out aways you may show up before a class 30-60 min you may get in if someone doesnt show.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bet there are some really nice rides near Eugene. Its a bit far for a day trip from Portland for me though. Please go through all the riders training classes you can. They have beginner, intermediate and advanced. Its well worth the $ when your life is at stake. Its a whole different ballgame than dirt bikes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts