Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,607 Posts
Just got rep from 2 new members, no change in the Avatar total.

Can an @admin explain how many User Control Panel rep points need to be gained before Avatar "rep power" goes up a point?

UCP rep = 6128 points

Thanks

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
isn't it obvious...:idunno:

you take the first digit, then add the second and last digit. that gives you the "avatar" rep. :deal:

camonnn... do I have to explain EVERYTHING?! :rotfl:

·
Administrator
266 Posts
OK, after much discussion, here is the simplified version:

Rep power: How much power (points) the use gives when they give reputation

Rep level: How much reputation points they have received from other users

So the 'power' level under your avatar is how many points you award another member when you give them rep. This increases as you get more rep awarded to you, as your post count increases and the longer you are a member here :)

Dayle

·
7,607 Posts

Rep power: How much power (points) the use gives when they give reputation

So the 'power' level under your avatar is how many points you award another member when you give them rep. This increases as you get more rep awarded to you, as your post count increases and the longer you are a member here :)

Dayle
I appreciate the answer Dayle, tried to rep you, but the damn "2" spread limit rep cops cuffed me again :guns::rotfl:

Thanks again though, I appreciate the Admin's attentiveness to the .org :thumb:

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
gimme some REP, then toss a li'l REPPY back to to admin, @IanDoohan

:cheers: :cheers2:

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #87

Rep power: How much power (points) the user gives when they give reputation

Dayle
In the past I've scrounged every page or bit of info I could find out about how this system works.
I would have never known it to be what is explained here.
If it's explained anywhere in the member guidelines or FAQ's, I missed it. Sure would have cleared up the confusion for me a long time ago. :rolleyes:

So if someone has a rep power of 50, and they rep someone, that someone's rep level increases by 50. And everyone's personal rep level is listed in their UserCP.
Ok, that was simple enough...

The only place I've seen the rep level is in the UserCP. So if you're interested in how many total rep points you've accumulated over time, that's the number.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Just got rep from 2 new members, no change in the Avatar total.

Can an @admin explain how many User Control Panel rep points need to be gained before Avatar "rep power" goes up a point?

UCP rep = 6128 points

Thanks
I just bumped you up by 2.
Not just for fun, but because I've wondered how this system works for almost 6 years. You've been very active in this thread, and now, finally we're getting the answers I was looking for.

Unslow: I didn't get a chance to notice if your power bumped up, but I repped you too.

:cheers:

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
@unslow: I didn't get a chance to notice if your power bumped up, but I repped you too.

:cheers:
BOOM! :freebird: Climbing into the Big League now!
"Your Reputation Level is 2551 Points"

thanks Jon :cheers2:
_Casey

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
hahaha! :rotfl:
I've had that question since before I joined :idunno:
Surely they're a symbol of "REP", have a cute little saying accompanying them (when on a PC and placing the cursor over them). They accumulate with REP points and "fill in" as your REP goes up, but that's about as much as I've figured out.

...and I realize your question wasn't for me Jon.

·
7,607 Posts
I just bumped you up by 2.
Not just for fun, but because I've wondered how this system works for almost 6 years. You've been very active in this thread, and now, finally we're getting the answers I was looking for.
Thanks Jon:thumb:

But the majority of the kudos should go to the admin. They've really been receptive to the barage of questions/changes we've been asking for.

However...........I do love to get rep :D

·
Administrator
266 Posts
hahaha! :rotfl:
I've had that question since before I joined :idunno:
Surely they're a symbol of "REP", have a cute little saying accompanying them (when on a PC and placing the cursor over them). They accumulate with REP points and "fill in" as your REP goes up, but that's about as much as I've figured out.

...and I realize your question wasn't for me Jon.
This pretty much sums it up :)

Currently any of you over 2000 points are at the 'top rank', so the bar of half light/half dark green stars is the 'fullest' it will go.

Dayle

81 - 96 of 96 Posts