Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I am not sure why it blew you away. If you follow technology you wouldn't be surprised at all.

Just two thoughts:
Would have Shakespear understood you when you would have talked to him and have used words like F### you?
Why is everybody so fascinated with Indian people? I worked with them and they are no creaters but rather maintainers of knowledge especially in the IT field.

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Nothing surprising there, we learn, we produce, we move forward, we learn more, produce more etc etc. It's just the cycle of life that we live. Always trying to improve. Thats the way its always been and always will be.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Stats based on Indian and Chinese population will always look good when you go "the top 10% blah blah"

As for educating for jobs that dont exist - I think thats misleading.
Sure new job types come up, but most people still work in jobs that existed probably 50 years ago. When they say the "top 10 in demand jobs" didnt exist in 2004 what do they mean? In demand as in "most people being hired" or "most people saying they want to do that job". Cause heck there is always a high demand for doctors and nurses.
I googled "top 10 in demand jobs" and got results which included hotel manager, clothes designers, project managers, SQL admin, .NET developers - nothing that I would say didnt exist a while back (probably the closest would be .NET devel, but even then its a job "programmer" that has existed for quite a while, just that you need experience in something new)

As for teaching - school/university should teach fundamental skills and the ability to learn.

These things look great with catchy little bits - but nothing saying where it comes from, heck it could all be something made up on the spot by someone.

As for "exponential times" - we have always been in exponential times.
If the education that they blabbed on about taught you what that meant you would realise that population, technology etc have been exponentially increasing for a long while - arguably for thousands of years.

Oh yes the "Internet" reached 50 million people in 4 years?
I guess it depends on when you pick as the start date - 1982? 1984? or more like 1992? Heck their own "number of internet devices" seems to rule out this 4 years.
And of cause reaching a set number of people gets easier as the population grows.

Yeah - a couple of interesting tid-bits, but generally just a lot of rubbish that is either obvious or presented in a skewed way to seem more "deep"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts