Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know when I dropped the bike early this season I shoulda known it would be a bad year. Well I am now out of commission for the rest so it doesn't matter anymore. On July 4th a drunk driver took me out. I was headed to my new lady's house after a cookout at my own family when around a corner the moron crossed the center line into my lane. When he crossed I was already entering at about 55mph and swerved around him when I did I hit a patch of gravel over-corrected and ended up in the shoulder with my @ss in the air sliding on my back. I had my helmet jacket and gloves on at the time and I say they saved me. I ended up with 6 broken vertebrae in my back and hurt pride. The bike is mostly cosmetic from what I saw, a family member rode her home for me. I am waiting to heal and waiting to get my baby up to my house as she is at my closest family member's house right now. Gonna fix her up this winter hopefully after I can bend and lift again and it gives me a project I suppose. Just remember to look out for those drunken cagers guys and gals and be especially careful on them holidays.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
You know when I dropped the bike early this season I shoulda known it would be a bad year. Well I am now out of commission for the rest so it doesn't matter anymore. On July 4th a drunk driver took me out. I was headed to my new lady's house after a cookout at my own family when around a corner the moron crossed the center line into my lane. When he crossed I was already entering at about 55mph and swerved around him when I did I hit a patch of gravel over-corrected and ended up in the shoulder with my @ss in the air sliding on my back. I had my helmet jacket and gloves on at the time and I say they saved me. I ended up with 6 broken vertebrae in my back and hurt pride. The bike is mostly cosmetic from what I saw, a family member rode her home for me. I am waiting to heal and waiting to get my baby up to my house as she is at my closest family member's house right now. Gonna fix her up this winter hopefully after I can bend and lift again and it gives me a project I suppose. Just remember to look out for those drunken cagers guys and gals and be especially careful on them holidays.
Sad to hear about the damage to you and your machine, man. I, too, was taken out by a drunk driver (almost 15 years ago) on Independence Day weekend. My injuries were not as bad as yours, but my F2 was NOT rebuildable. I'm glad to hear your gear saved your butt (literally) and look forward to the possibility of a rebuild thread :thumb:

postscript: nice to hear you were wearing a helmet despise Pennylvania's UNhelmet law, and where in PA are you from?

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Sad days fellas. So sorry everytime I hear about riders getting taken out by careless cagers.
Godspeed to both of you guys, wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unslow I am in western Pa. I am sorry to hear about your run in with morons who should have their licenses along with certain body parts removed forever. I despise the no helmet law here and anytime I see someone without gear I just shake my head. And I will def put up some pics once I get Naomi back =). Thanks Jon it is nice how they care about others. Kicker is the person didn't even stop they just kept on going >.<.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Good to hear you survived your run in. Spread the word about gear to fellow riders maybe share a few pics of a scraped up helmet or jacket as well to convert the unbelievers.
When I got hit and slid on my face, people were amazed at the damage to my lid, esp since it was only about 25 mph. That guy tried to leave the scene as well. :rolleyes:
No one knew I had crashed. You can bet that would've been different had I not been wearing a full face helmet.
Heal quick and get back in the saddle! :thumb:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Unslow I am in western Pa. I am sorry to hear about your run in with morons who should have their licenses along with certain body parts removed forever. I despise the no helmet law here and anytime I see someone without gear I just shake my head. And I will def put up some pics once I get Naomi back =). Thanks Jon it is nice how they care about others. Kicker is the person didn't even stop they just kept on going >.<.
Hey not to side track the subject but I am from Western PA too maybe get a group ride together sometime? PM me if you can.

Anyways, freaking drunk drivers I hope for a speedy recovery and you get back out as soon as possible as for that driver I hope Karma bites him in the butt (not a death threat) but in a way that it makes them realize the consequences they not only put themselves in but others when they do stupid **** like that!!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
So sorry about your accident!! :( It's such a shame that we have to share roads with the scum of the earth on a daily basis..

I wish you a very speedy and smooth recovery brother...

Keep us informed!! :thumb:

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
thanks. looking forward to those pics of Naomi :D heal up, man... saddles are made to be occupied :thumb:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well scrounged up some pics that were sent to me while I was in the hospital of Naomi and my gear. Gear doesn't look bad but I don't trust the crumpled padding in the jacket nor the helmet after an off at that speed. I would like to thank you guys for the well wishes and I look forward to adding to my thread on Naomi as I repair her once I get okayed to bend and lift some.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts