Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys my 400rr nc29 has a Fireblade front end and I have designed fronk fork sliders for it, they are an exact fit and will be held together by a 1/2" 13mm stainless threaded rod made to suit and two M8 high tensile bolts lengths to determined when I take the wheel off, but I will post details of this later. I know the drawing is quite detailed but imo if you want it to be right then make it right. I am still working on the frame mounted Bobbins but these will be for the 400rr nc29.

Please if you see any problems let me know before I start to machine these.

Any questions feel free to ask away.

FYI right hand drawing is front axle bolt side

Thanks Mark

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hello guys my 400rr nc29 has a Fireblade front end and I have designed fronk fork sliders for it, they are an exact fit and will be held together by a 1/2" 13mm stainless threaded rod made to suit and two M8 high tensile bolts lengths to determined when I take the wheel off, but I will post details of this later. I know the drawing is quite detailed but imo if you want it to be right then make it right. I am still working on the frame mounted Bobbins but these will be for the 400rr nc29.

Please if you see any problems let me know before I start to machine these.

Any questions feel free to ask away.

FYI right hand drawing is front axle bolt side

Thanks Mark

They look good, way over-designed though in my opinion :)
I have skateboard wheels on my GSXR750, on a simple length of M8 threaded rod :)

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I know they are over designed but I am a bit of a perfectionist and for me "bestest" is best :thumb:

What's your reason for the plastic, why not just make them from aluminium?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Acetal co-polymer is very strong but slippy, and you can make a few because its really easy to machine and then you keep the strong internal plug intact and just change the sacrificial outer if you have an oopsy :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts