Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any comments on the quality of oxtar boots? They make a really low profile high-shoe/boot called the adrenaline that I think looks great, but I'm worried about this brand -- I've never heard of them.

I just ordered the alpinestars stunt shoe, and then came across the oxtar. Anyone have an opinion?

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Been wearing them for a few years and they have held up well. After 2.5 crashes they are still going strong. the ".5" was a save where I was going down, and somehow saved it, but drug the top of one of the boots on the pavement.
Chris

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tornado bait said:
Duhamel wears their boots. :idunno:

Unless he just switched, Duhamel wears Alpinestars boots.

Zemke wears Oxtar, as well as many other AMA, WSB & MotoGP riders. Made in Italy; they've been in the US for several years, and gaining more in popularity.

They seem to be a pretty decent brand.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
My Oxtar Jupiter boots are very substantial, feeling almost like some of the Sidi race boots I've tied on at the local shop. Yet they are extremely comfortable, more so than any other moto-boot I've put on my foot. They offer very sturdy construction and beefy levels of ankle protection. Gore-Tex lining is a nice bonus (waterproof and breathable), the soles are uber-grippy, and I like the relief they've cut into the back of the boot top to allow sportbike riders to articulate their foot downward to pick up the shifter and brake pedal. In short, these things flat rock for everyday wear.

http://www.newenough.com/oxtar_jupiter_goretex_boots_page.htm :thumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had a pair of the original Oxtar TCS Goretex; looked very similar to the current TCS Sport Goretex. I liked them a lot when I got them but they only held up for a couple of years of year-round riding. A lot of the magazines here in the UK seem to rate them similar to Sidi/Alpinestars.
I replaced my Oxtars with a pair of Daytona Evos which completely changed my perspective on all other boots, I wouldn't buy anything else now. Pricy but worth it.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Cowboy1600 said:
Hey chain, oxtar make a Motard specific boot :eyebrows:
I know, they're nice too. Thing of it is, I don't anticipate going 'foot down' like some of the guys who grew up on the dirt do.

There is an interesting debate on Thumper Talk regarding foot out or knee down modes of riding supermoto. In the end, it falls to whatever feels more natural for you.

I'll keep my feet on the pegs and my boots off the track, so no 'tard booties for me.

;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts