Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a Brit (as some of you know) and I have just discovered that my beloved Blade 929 2000 model has an oxygen sensor on the exhaust, like the Californian model I'm told.

I want to fit a full Hindle system and power commander. Have any of you done this, and is there an electrical problem with removing the oxygen sensor? (eg error codes etc)

cheers!!!!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
thedoctor is talking about this part, item 22 on the attached microfiche, part number 36531-MCJ-611

Muffler fiche

PS sorry for bargeing in Doc, just trying to help.

·
Registered
692 Posts
When you buy the PC, you can also buy an O2 sensor eliminator from Dynojet. When fitting that instead of your lambda probe/O2 sensor there shouldn't be any problems with fault codes. My 929 hasn't got the sensor, so I haven't tried it myself..

Best of luck with the new exhaust

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Or if you want to do it the cheap way, just add a 330 ohm resistor across the terminals.

The only problem you'll have if you take it off and do nothing is the FI light will illuminate on the dash. The computer doesn't go into a limp mode or anything. On my bike I never added the resistor.

·
Registered
576 Posts
If you just eliminate the O2 sensor and add a resistor, your fuel mileage will drop by 20-30%. With a full system and PC3, you should be able to get most or all that back with a good map.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I bought the plug from dynojet for the stock looking appearance,bike runs fine,no fi light,definate drop in gas mileage as stated above.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to buy the plug from dynojet too.  Is there still a drop in consumption?

Who cares anyway

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yeah,I'm not concerned with the mileage issue,if I was I would have bought a 50cc scooter,not a litre bike.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Or you can just buy a o2 sensor bung from a place like THIS and have it welded on and make it work.

Edit: That link is for a car sensor that is bigger then the bike. I just welded one on my Hindle and it was a 12x1.25 nut that I turned down to make it round.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts