Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi .. interested in what is the best paddock stand for a 2000RRX Blade... been looking on sportsbikeshop.co.uk theres a pretty big range ... only need it for home use... any advice appreciated ... cheers Ade

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I would make sure to get spools and make sure you do a spool-lift v. a swinger lift... I've only used a swing arm lift stand two times and both times just felt super sketchy. I have a PSR rear stand... can't say that I would recommend it though.. it leans slightly to the right for some reason so the bike is never "truly" leveled out....

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
oooh that's the Abba?!?! Lambchops uses one of them things =) Only downside is the 954 doesn't have the "full frame" in order to insert the hanging pins...

I did see some other one where you can flip the entire bike around, roll it wherever you want, raise the front, raise the rear, raise both, and all sorts of other cool crap... but I saw it on FB so I have no clue what it was called =)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
oooh that's the Abba?!?! Lambchops uses one of them things =) Only downside is the 954 doesn't have the "full frame" in order to insert the hanging pins...

I did see some other one where you can flip the entire bike around, roll it wherever you want, raise the front, raise the rear, raise both, and all sorts of other cool crap... but I saw it on FB so I have no clue what it was called =)
Hi RR ,was this the one you saw.Bill:smile

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
^^ Tis the one matey! Quick find to boot =)

EDIT:

BUT! Still begs the question if a 954 can actually get lifted by that thing.... where they mount the pins is blank space on the 54s lol.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
^^ Tis the one matey! Quick find to boot =)

EDIT:

BUT! Still begs the question if a 954 can actually get lifted by that thing.... where they mount the pins is blank space on the 54s lol.
I've got one myself, just the plain abba stand, I use it for all the bikes I restore , all the different makes , they use a kit for each bike that usually goes into one of the engine bolt holes. Bill:smile

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
If I ever end up with a proper garage again that skylift is going on my list...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I'm thinking that my back may thank me if I got one of those

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Looked over Serenity really well before my ride today, even with the "unique" design for mounting the swinger I have a feeling the pins just go into the pivot (seems like there is room). They said in the video that the pins always go into the swingarm pivot... so it is an awesome stand as long as you are not pulling the swinger off =P

/threadjack

Not sure what the abba costs... but if you afford the skylift I think Jaybird is right that it would save your back during many operations as well as (as the video states) allow for cleaning of some harder-to-reach spaces.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The Skylift is 700 beans (US Dollars) give or take for accessories. They have another doohickey that will allow swingarm removal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quick pic below... you have to take the springs off to get it to fit... not so obvious if you never had one before

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Whats the advantage over a swingarm stand? I thought a paddock stand went through the swingarm pivot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No idea mate... lifts up underneath the swing arm... at the back axle ... well just in front

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Moz can you toss up some pics of the bike on the stand from the side view (rather than just rear).

What are your impressions so far about it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts