Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dinged my gas tank :mad: . No dent just paint damage :crying: . I called a company and the cost of the paint is $62 for a half of a pint and $62 for a half of a pint of the base you have to have.

If anybody knows of a place to call or a hook-up with a paint company with a better buy please let me know.

Oh, I did try to go with the touch-up paint but it looks worst than the chip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
fastjester said:
I dinged my gas tank :mad: . No dent just paint damage :crying: . I called a company and the cost of the paint is $62 for a half of a pint and $62 for a half of a pint of the base you have to have.

If anybody knows of a place to call or a hook-up with a paint company with a better buy please let me know.

Oh, I did try to go with the touch-up paint but it looks worst than the chip.
time to find yourself a favorite sticker :rotfl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
What paint company are you using? I'm going to be painting my tank solid black and wanted the Honda black color.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Rick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,531 Posts
K9inAZ said:
What paint company are you using? I'm going to be painting my tank solid black and wanted the Honda black color.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Rick
Check these guys out if you haven't already. http://www.color-rite.com/
If your damage is small, just get the cans or the small jar.
I also know that if you have it delivered to a bodyshop, the cost is less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
K9inAZ said:
What paint company are you using? I'm going to be painting my tank solid black and wanted the Honda black color.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Rick

Don't remember the name right now but the number is 1-800-736-7980

It's not cheap in red but maybe black will not be so high.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
fastjester said:
It's not cheap in red but maybe black will not be so high.
Yeah red is one of the most expensive paint colors there is and honda red is a 3 color process so in order to get a perfect match it'll be very expensive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
You could get a vinyl tank protector in black.

A girl I know got a brand new R1 a couple years back, put on the 3m stuff, then when she sold it, took it off, cleaned it up. It looked like a brand freakin new tank. I think its available in colors and clear. It just streches to fit the contours quite nicely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
This might sound weird but it works perfectly for touch up :clap: Take a part of your 954 that is painted red to a Cosmedic store and get the Cosmetition to match the color with some nail polish :thumb: I have done this with several different paint colors and it works fine , They will probably have the rite shade for your 954. and it does not cost an arm and a leg :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
b4 i paid 62 bucks for each paint and then another 100 or so to get it painted i would try and find a used tank on ebay or get a new oem tank and then sell my dinged one on ebay

its hard to get it back to OEM look
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
FullForce said:
b4 i paid 62 bucks for each paint and then another 100 or so to get it painted i would try and find a used tank on ebay or get a new oem tank and then sell my dinged one on ebay

its hard to get it back to OEM look
Heh heh heh, I'm going solid black. In fact I just stripped the OEM paint off of an extra tank I have. I'm spraying it myself, since I have access to a spray gun and equipment. Just trying to see if I can get the paint cheaper! :D
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top