Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it had no dents but did have scraps from when i crashed in 2009. welded the scraps and the one crack and ground it down flush to reinforce the tank. removed everything and then prep work, lots and lots of prep work. clem3 first time spraying a full fairing bike second time spraying a bike but like 5th time in total. Mind you all the line ups are from memory the bike was actually at my house about 20 min south of the shop so it was a little bit of a pain but worth it in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
21,012 Posts
Great job. My mate used to spray cars and that was a pain on the prep side of things...but with all the shapes you get on a bike:eek: Respect! Must of taken the longest time Prepping more than spraying (as is the way):rolleyes:

Great result tho bud:thumb: :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
nice paint man!

it looks like you used a base/clear system am i correct?

if you did, you can wet sand with 2000 grit and get that last little but of unevenness out.. all you do is wetsand just enough to smoothen everything out then hit it with Kit Scratch out, then follow up with Meguires Swirl-X. it takes a little bit of effort but it is worth the time

seriously nice job though!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
did use a base clear system and it took me two days for the prep work all by hand sanding/ scuffing. have three coats of clear and will wet sand and add the yellow later once i have all the final ideas drawn out for where and how much yellow to offset the darker colors. Thanks to all for the compliments it really helps knowing that the job is good. Took a while for the graphics especially the one at the bottom of the fairing will try to get more pics once i get the new windscreen and the other set of wheels getting powdercoated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.