Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone found a spray paint that comes close to matching Honda Red? I just got a tire hugger on ebay and it has a few chips in the paint and if I can find some spray paint that matches close enough I might try to repaint it. I haven't looked at any yet but any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Does anyone have any advice on prepping (removing factory stickers, etc) the plastic bodywork for repainting? I want to do a good jon on prepwork for shooting new paint (not aerosol). Any help is appreciated!

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
Does anyone have any advice on prepping (removing factory stickers, etc) the plastic bodywork for repainting? I want to do a good jon on prepwork for shooting new paint (not aerosol). Any help is appreciated!
:thrdjack:

peel off the stickers. use goo gone or similar to get rid of any addhesive residue. fill in any deep scratches. Sand it down with maybe some 100 grit first, then follow it with a 300 so it's smooth as a babbies bottom. after that you are ready for primer.:thumb:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was given some pointers on sticker removel, lets see what you pros think. After screwin up my tank I was told that a hairdryer, which I used, and dental floss, which was about 2 weeks two late, was the way to go. Guaranteed no paint scewin up, anybody tried that??? I still have a coupe stickers I think I will try that on, will keep you posted....

·
Banned
163 Posts
When I did my tank I striped it to bare metal with zip strip.

As far as paint match, go to you local paint supply shop. they should be able to color match and put in a spray can for you.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was given some pointers on sticker removel, lets see what you pros think. After screwin up my tank I was told that a hairdryer, which I used, and dental floss, which was about 2 weeks two late, was the way to go. Guaranteed no paint scewin up, anybody tried that??? I still have a coupe stickers I think I will try that on, will keep you posted....

Hairdryer and goof off work great......but dental floss, please enlighten me.:eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts