Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying that i have checked the old knowledge base, but the the details are still a little fuzzy.
When i unplug the pair valve will the fi light come on? Is it worth doing before i have the custom map made? And what differences will i notice? By the way my blade is a 929. I have a devil 3/4 system and a pcIII. thanks!

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Yes it is worth doing. It's only there for emissions purposes. What it will do is give the exhaust system some scavenging ability and it will eliminate popping out of the exhaust. + the guy who does your map will like it because he won't have to pinch it off. It won't cause FI light to come on. You just need to block it off after you remove it.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
It will not pick up any HP but as Booth said the dyno operator will appreciate it as he will not have to pinch off the tubes.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Most say it won't help with HP but I happen to feel that part throttle opening transtions are smoother and in theory, it should help with torque. As booth stated, it allows for better exhaust scavanging which leads to higher intake charge velocity and can help with fuel consumption and internal combustion temps. Just my $.02

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
NAY929 : Is there a place where I can find instructions on how to do this?
service manual, there is a diagram of all of it in there if I remember correctly. Dan Kyle sells the block off plates.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did the mod today, it went smoothly until the check engine light came on, Turns out i forgot to plug the MAP sensor vacuum hose back in. After the situation was remedied, the test drive was good. I didnt notice any huge hp gains, but the ass dyno told me there was a little change for the better.
The best part was the smoothness and lack of exhaust backfire/pop. All in all it's a great mod to compliment exhaust and a pcIII.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts