Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done redoing the sprockets -1 +2 and along with the speedohealer and the pair valve mod. I get everything all together and get out for a test run and the bike will not start unless i hold onto the start button and give it gas. i got it to idle but everytime does same thing and now wont start but tries. I have a red flashing light on the dash it flashes 3 times and either 5 or 6 times. Does anybody know what is going on with it. I am to the point of putting the pair valve back on. I am gonna take it all back down again and make sure everything is hooked up right in the next few days. If any can give me a idea on where to start I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Faststang

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
well there isnt a 3 or 5 or 6 alone so im guessing its blinking code 35 which is the EGCV and air intake servo motor. im not sure if thats related to the problem your having getting it to start or not.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Fixed it all is good now.
so what was it! vacuum hose loose? its important to put up your solution because when someone else has a problem they usually do a quick google search and more often than not google will direct them to a fireblades forum post. ive seen a lot of people get upset because when they post a problem there will be a lot of views under the counter n not a lot of replies, they think its forum members looking and not caring to answer with advice but most of those views are just people looking from google searches. anyway, it could be helpful for someone in the future.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had forgot to plug in the IAT sensor and it threw another code for the MAP and the vacuum line was off of it.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
right on, easy fix then. :) ive forgot to put my map hose back on before myself....

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
ive never geared a bike down like that personally so im not much help. my 954 indicated will hit 170mph before it gets close to the red line, n it still has a little left. it seems kinda low to only be hitting 115 even if it is geared down? but like i said im not real sure what you could expect. maybe the clutch is slipping?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts