Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there a quick way to disable the PAIR valve without going to all the hassle of PAIR removal and installing block off plates? I just want to do a quick check and see if that's the cause of the exhaust popping I'm getting after installing a 4 into 1 system.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Is there a quick way to disable the PAIR valve without going to all the hassle of PAIR removal and installing block off plates? I just want to do a quick check and see if that's the cause of the exhaust popping I'm getting after installing a 4 into 1 system.
You could try disconnecting the solenoid.
Or pull the suction hose off the bottom right side of the airbox and block it with a bolt or a bearing.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Will disconnecting the solenoid throw a code?

Kruz
Yes but it doesn't really matter .. once you hook it back up and cycle the key it goes away.

Based on what you are saying my guess is going to be there isn't an issue with the bike ... you need to have it dyno tuned since changing the exhaust system almost always causes new exhaust popping or gurgling.

P.S. ... Exhaust popping/cracking sounds are a sign of a leab condition. Will also be noticable by the pipes turning blue in sections.

Exhaust gurggling sounds are a sign of a rich condition and can also be notcied by a browning or gold color to the pipes.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Yes but it doesn't really matter .. once you hook it back up and cycle the key it goes away.

P.S. ... Exhaust popping/cracking sounds are a sign of a leab condition. Will also be noticable by the pipes turning blue in sections.
The PAIR solenoid does not throw a code.
Codes are only for diagnosis of engine management issues - engine sensors and the injectors.

Popping is most commonly due to air leaks in the exhaust system.

·
Registered
737 Posts
The PAIR solenoid does not throw a code.
Codes are only for diagnosis of engine management issues - engine sensors and the injectors.

Popping is most commonly due to air leaks in the exhaust system.
Ooops .. I wa thinking upper exhaust servo .. you are correct on the code no code thing.

I brought up tunning assuming leaks were already ruled out and good sealed gaskets were in place. :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts