Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this subject has been beat to death, on how to do this modification. As I am doing the mod, I got to thinking, instead of using block off plates, why cant I just fill the holes (under the PAIR valves), in the valve cover, with JB Weld to block them off, and leave the plates off all together? I figure if I spread enough in and around the holes, it could'nt get sucked down into the head. What does anyone think?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I know this subject has been beat to death, on how to do this modification. As I am doing the mod, I got to thinking, instead of using block off plates, why cant I just fill the holes (under the PAIR valves), in the valve cover, with JB Weld to block them off, and leave the plates off all together? I figure if I spread enough in and around the holes, it could'nt get sucked down into the head. What does anyone think?

It can't get sucked down into the head as it only goes to the exhaust ports.
Why not just put rubber caps on the PAIR valve covers or just connect them together with a length of hose.
I wouldn't use epoxy just because it'd be messy if you or a future owner wanted to reinstate the system for some reason.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the holes under the PAIR valves lead directly to the exhaust valves, I don't know why I said head. Anyway, I have an extra valve cover, so messing one up isn't really much of an issue, plus I have some tubes of JB Weld just sitting here lookin at me...lol. So, I am assuming, that this would indeed work then?

·
Registered
8 Posts
It would work but i believe the block of plates would be easier to remove later and less susceptible to fatigue and cracking. Im sure jb weld would work for a while but the plates would be a better solution in case someone else you sold the bike to needed the pair for emissions.

·
Registered
297 Posts
It would work just fine...when I did mine I just made some small "covers" for the holes out of aluminum and used JB weld to hold them in place :thumb:

(I mean the small holes in the PAIR valves themselves...I basically turned the old valves into home made block off plates)

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
As Blade said, just block off the hoses, or stick a marble in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts