Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking about buying a palm pilot for ease of loading maps into the PC3...any reccomendations? Will I need anything else or does the cable that comes w/PC work on palms too?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ConqSoft said:
I have to ask.... Do you really plan on changing maps that often? :D
K9az emailed me a bunch of maps and I might get some more....trial and error, see which one I like best. I don't have a laptop so it'd be a PITA to take it off the bike every time to switch. Any suggestions on a palm or would any of them work? I haven't priced them lately, how much$ are going for these days?

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
ConqSoft said:
I have to ask.... Do you really plan on changing maps that often? :D
Hee! Well, another good reason to have a palm is that it's easier to carry on the bike than a laptop if you're riding a long distance. PCIIIs sometimes "take a dump". All that's needed is to reload the map, but if you can't, you're not going anywhere.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
slowpoke said:
K9az emailed me a bunch of maps and I might get some more....trial and error, see which one I like best. I don't have a laptop so it'd be a PITA to take it off the bike every time to switch. Any suggestions on a palm or would any of them work? I haven't priced them lately, how much$ are going for these days?
Don't be a cheapskate, get it tuned :D

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK....anybody got a suggestion on which one to get? How much?
Oh, ND :rasp: K9 has the same setup, so if his map works, why duplicate allthat work and $$$

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
slowpoke said:
OK....anybody got a suggestion on which one to get? How much?
Oh, ND :rasp: K9 has the same setup, so if his map works, why duplicate allthat work and $$$

if you find out a Palm 111 works, I got one i'll let go REAL CHEAP. but how would you load maps to the Palm w/o a PC? i've never owned a PC 111 so enlighten me.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
ND4SPD said:
:moon: Different elevation/air pressure, different bike
If I was racing, then yeah, I'd go for every last drop of HP, but if I get 10-14 HP increase and a nice smooth powerband, I'll be happy. Now dammit, answer my ?....Which palm pilot will work? How much? :rant:
Edit: whoops, I type too slow....

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
freq said:
if you find out a Palm 111 works, I got one i'll let go REAL CHEAP. but how would you load maps to the Palm w/o a PC? i've never owned a PC 111 so enlighten me.
I can use my work PC to load the maps on the palm. What kind and how much do you want for yours? :smilebig:

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
ConqSoft said:
You coud always remove it, throw it on the road, and run it over too.
:rotfl: True! Good point. So, I need to carry around (instead of a laptop) a 30 mm socket wrench (have to remove damper to be able to lift up tank), other wrench to remove said tank bolts, and a screwdriver. Hmmm. Actually, loading a map into the thing is a heck of a lot easier than removing it. :)

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
slowpoke said:
If I was racing, then yeah, I'd go for every last drop of HP, but if I get 10-14 HP increase and a nice smooth powerband, I'll be happy. Now dammit, answer my ?....Which palm pilot will work? How much? :rant:
Edit: whoops, I type too slow....
How will you know how much you gain if you don't get it dynoed? :deal:

Harrassing you is much more fun :D

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There's a shop close to me with a dyno (I got 129.8/131.8 stock/bolt-on if memory serves) but they don't have the tuning link software and have a 150 model. I think you need the 250 to do custom maps. I probably will get it dynoed once I pick out a map I like! :smilebig:

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I use a palmIIIc (so a palm III will work), but basically any palm that is not a USB model will work, just so long as you can get a DB 9 serial cable for it.

As for price, a palm IIIc sells for about $50 - $80 on ebay. Black and white models probably way less.

Z...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts