Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is there paper washers between the front wheel and brake discs on the CBR 600 F2? Do they really need to be there? Could I make my own with index card paper. OEM suppliers list them at $3.00 each or $3.00 for 12, I cant tell. There is a 12 in the little box beside the price. Does that mean I need 12 (which I know) or thats the price for 12 of them? I wouldnt think they would be $3 each for Christ sake but you never know. I asked this question on another forum and everyone seems to think it doesnt matter if they are there or not. And I did search both sites for a couple hours before posting this question. Thanks.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,113 Posts
I'm pretty sure I had those on my Hurricane 600. So I'll offer you my unofficial opinion. The Hurricane and F2 disks were not floaters, and as you know bolt straight to the rim. I believe they are nothing more than a noise buffer. Small felt disk to me would take up just enough resonance to keep the disk from touching the rim directly. I see no other purpose for them.

One for every bolt, so if you have 6 bolts then 12 it is, and 3 bucks sounds like the normal OEM price gouge to me.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So after looking at those "paper washers" I realize they're not actually paper. Its gasket type material so I'll just got to the local "Advance Oreilly Zone" and get a sheet of 1/64 gasket material and make my own. 1/64" is .0156 so I think that will be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts