Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I had a P14-45 sometime in the mid 90's. Overall a decent 1911, but my Springfield of the same era was a much better machined and fitted gun. I machined forward cocking serations in the slide, installed a Wilson beaver tail saftey and hand checkered the front strap 30 lpi and refinished it with Moly Resin with a black slide and dark grey frame. It looked and shot good. Not sure if I ever got a picture of it finished. Not much different from it over any other 1911. All their new double actions models, I have no experience with.

·
Registered
876 Posts
not bad.. shot one or two of a freinds... but truthfully I feel you can't beat a good old fashion Colt... well ok.. a Kimber comes damn close :drool:

I was torn between a tight slide verses a loose fitting ... bein from the military I saw benefits of both... loose slides mean easier cleaning and less likely to jam up from a grain of dirt or what ever... tighter fit meant better accuracy for sharp shooting :eyebrows: but when it all comes down right to it.. the fit in your hand means the most.... :thumb:

E.

·
Registered
876 Posts
nedro said:
Wouldn't it be easier to shot the guy poopin' on your back deck?
ok.. blonde moment (yeah we get 'em too) I had to read that 3 times to get it :googly:

E.
I like to shoot clay pigeons as well.. but much harder with a hand gun...:crap: prefer shootin slugs with the double barrel shot gun :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts