Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally got my girlfriend riding with me on my 98' 900RR.
After riding for a short trip she complains about vibration making her ass numb.

I have noticed a small rear vibration myself, but not enough to make me ckeck up on it.
When i now know it's there i tried riding the passenger seat and it was horrible.

Does anyone have an idea what might cause this?
I got new tires and new bearings for both wheels and swingarm.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,115 Posts
Make sure everything is tight, from the sub frame in. The rear seat isn't padded much as all, probably like that on any bike. Also, make sure the engine mounts are all intact and tight. It may only happen while there is weight on the main seat, creating unwanted vibrations to the passenger seat. Proper chain tension? I cant speak much for it though, I've had a solo seat tail on every 900 I've owned. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
My initial advice upon reading the title was going to be for you to celebrate until I read the OP and saw this:
After riding for a short trip she complains about vibration making her ass numb.

I'd do what @IanDoohan says to do- he's the resident expert.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There was a bit of play when my pass seat is closed. I put some self sticking foam strips around the bottom of it so it creates a seal when closed. The last passenger I had said she felt a difference in the quality of the ride. Just chasing vibrations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts