Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know anything about the honda PC800? i think its called a pacific coast. I have seen pics of a few but was wondering when they were made, what replaced them, what engine config. etc. I am looking into sport touring and want to get a bike a like.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank for the info. I did some research and found they are a 45 deg. v-twin bike. same as the shadows and some other cruisers. I am an inline fan not to big on the twins. I love Hondas but I may have to go with the FJR. I have heard rumours of a 1200cc sport/ sport touring to replace the blackbird, to compete with the busa and zx14, maybe a v5 powerplant? that would be awesome. i had an 86 VFR700 and i loved it. I may wait and see.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
thank for the info. I did some research and found they are a 45 deg. v-twin bike. same as the shadows and some other cruisers. I am an inline fan not to big on the twins. I love Hondas but I may have to go with the FJR. I have heard rumours of a 1200cc sport/ sport touring to replace the blackbird, to compete with the busa and zx14, maybe a v5 powerplant? that would be awesome. i had an 86 VFR700 and i loved it. I may wait and see.
The Blackbird replacement rumor is old and has yet to happen. The new Busa (not out yet) is even faster and makes over 190HP.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Have you checked out the ST1300? It's a V-Four though, not an Inline Four.

Ths ST 1300 is more SportTOURING and the FJR is more SPORTtouring. Depends on which way you want to go... Of course you could check out the new Kawasaki Concours 14 too, but I prefer to skip first-year bikes to give them time to work out all the kinks.

In a couple of years when I'm ready to replace the ST, it will be interesting to see what's available...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have looked at the ST but its a little bulky to me, would get an older goldwing 1200 interstate instead if i wanted that big a bike. I am still more sport than tour. my buddy had a XX bird i liked it alot. do they make bags and trunk for the blackbird? I may want to pull a small trailer also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got signed up an this is the first reply I am making on the first thread I looked at. Regarding the PC800 Honda- I have been riding mine for three seasons now and am tuned into the entire group of Internet Pacific Coast Riders Club. they have all the answers you could imagine any question. Regarding the bike.. Mine is awesome. I was very impressed with the bike especially when I took the plastic bits off for some maintainence. It looks like a racing machine under that easy clean exterior. I did some minor stuff to bring my bike up to my normal expectations. It rocks now!
I too am partial to four cyclinders and might be looking to replace it sometime very soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts