Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My topic seems to have blown up the board somehow, here's a re-do of my post:

Okay, most know I own a 2k2 954. That said, here's my question...

I'm going to be putting a Scorpian HighMount 1/2 system on before to much longer (got a great deal on it).

Should I run a PC3, or 3r? And would running one of them make a noticable difference? Since I'm just adding a slip I won't be getting much in the way of power from the pipe, would adding a PC3 make for any notable power gains?

I'm not worried about adding power, I'm having fun with the bike the way it is. Later on, maybe at the end of this season/start of next, I'll go with a full hindle highmount, etc.

For now I'm going for look, I guess. Just another mod to take the bike from looking stock.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
the p3R does timing advance for high octane gas. That is all. I got the p3R because it was more expensive.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Most are happy to use the pc3, adding timing adjustment and an untrained person can result in a damaged engine a lot easier than just a fuel adjustment

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
To answer the question directly, you should get a PC111 not a PC111r because you are not going to be able to notice any positive results with the 'r' portion of your PC111 with your set-up. And the 'r' portion is just one more thing that can potentially go wrong. It is also the one part of the PC111r that can ruin an engine in a split second if it goes haywire.

Is that plain enough?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. What kind of difference would I notice with just a slip and pc3? Would the gains be worth the money/time of the pc3?

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
It's all subjective. Some have installed the PC111 on a completely stock bike for the benafit of smooth throttle control and to lessen the jerkiness between 3 and 4K. My own opinion is that if you install the slip-on, you should get the PC111 if you can afford it. It will prevent the bike from running too lean all of the time. And you will notice power gains.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts