Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo!

I am considering buying a PC3 for my 929. My question is quite simple, but essential.. I ride my bike to and from work if it rains or not, and i tend to wash it almost every day.It rains almost every F***** day up here these days..........

Is the PC3 unit waterproof? Will it tolerate daily moisture?

Ride SAFE!

Another thing (maybe for you guys from OZ).. Pump gas is 92-99 octane in Norway and the price diference between 95 (what i normally use) and 99(Shell OPTIMAX) octane might be justified by higher output. Is a PC3r right for me, or should i order a straight PC3? Would i find 'lost' hp by adding a PC3r with it's ability to play with ignition curves?

Anyone?

Appreciate all input!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stegen: Will it rev faster to 11500 while standing still?
Just kidding of course!! ( I loved the movement at 11k thread)...

Don't know if this is the correct place to do it, but i still offer You(STEGEN) my condolances for the last weeks SAD occurances!!

I know i'm in no position to be a wise-ass but i love the humor some of you guys have!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Talking to tuners here in oz, the octane difference is not enough to justify the pc3r unless you change compression, cams etc.
You may get a little gain using high octane fuel and advancing it up with the pc3, but it means it will ping if you go back to the lower octane fuel. I don't know what it's like where you are, but not all our servo's carry the high octane stuff, very rare out in the country to get it.
Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts