Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to try this today. Any advice?

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
rocket said:
I'm going to try this today. Any advice?
Patience is a virtue. Those plugs are a pain in the arse. Learn to plug/unplug the PCIII connectors into itself before trying it ont he bike. It's easier to learn in open air then with your fingertips in the confines of a sport bike engine bay.

Z...

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
:cheers:
Thanks for the advice Zeeman.

·
Registered
387 Posts
When installing - left hand in under the frame, right hand over the frame.

If you get the tank propped up high enough there is quite a bit more room that you first think there will be.

Be sure to route the wires where they won't get rubbed through. Mine show some wear from where the first owner was not as careful.

Also - if there is a piece of white plastic inside the male end of the PC3 plug - see if it can be removed. I discovered a spacer that appeared to have been there to protect the pins durring shipping. (and it only took me three days to discover why it wouldn't plug together) :wazzup:

Good luck

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
A long, flat, small tip screwdriver helps in unclipping the stock connectors.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
dont connect until your double certain of your cable routing. and make SURE you use the battery negative terminal for the ground. Also, protect the buttons from being pressed when in the trunk....

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Installed it yesterday w/o a hitch..almost...freaking bike came off the stand and scratched the swingarm. Lateral movement of bike on stands -5 yard penalty.

Anyhow it started right up with the 001 map(stock). Seems smoother but I haven't ridden it yet. Come on spring!

Thanks again for all the tips.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
rocket said:
Installed it yesterday w/o a hitch..almost...freaking bike came off the stand and scratched the swingarm. Lateral movement of bike on stands -5 yard penalty.

Anyhow it started right up with the 001 map(stock). Seems smoother but I haven't ridden it yet. Come on spring!

Sucks about the scratch. Maybe you need a strategically placed Fireblades.org sticker? :thumb:

Other than that, glad to hear it went smooth, and here's to a smoother ride :cheers:

Z...

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
"Anyhow it started right up with the 001 map(stock). Seems smoother but I haven't ridden it yet. "

Hmm, why would it be smoother with no change in mapping?

·
Registered
929 Posts
CBRBob said:
"Anyhow it started right up with the 001 map(stock). Seems smoother but I haven't ridden it yet. "

Hmm, why would it be smoother with no change in mapping?
Err...umm...the 001 Map modifies the A/F ratio for a Stock bike. The 000 Map is a 'no change' Map that has no modifications. Therefore, the 001 Map smooths the rough edges of the OEM Map.

·
Registered
311 Posts
rocket said:

:thumb: Good job, rocket! (too bad bout the scratch) I'm next with the PC.

·
Registered
110 Posts
ReaperAZ said:
Find someone with really small hands.

Dano
ReaperAZ is right. My wife had to help me with mine! Couldn't connect the wires, but her fingers were small enough to do it. I knew I married her for something! :rotfl:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Kookie said:
Err...umm...the 001 Map modifies the A/F ratio for a Stock bike. The 000 Map is a 'no change' Map that has no modifications. Therefore, the 001 Map smooths the rough edges of the OEM Map.
be prepared to load only ethyl now :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts