Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, as the title suggests I'm having some issues with my long date partner, a CBR600RR 2007, here are the details:

- Last ride of 2015 I had a crash to the left side (I'm pretty sure I had the 5th/6th gear engaged). Besides the cosmetic damage, the footrest and shift pedal broke, and the shift rod bent;
- First ride of 2016 I noticed the transmission doesn't correctly shift into 5th/6th gears at high RPM's only (above 10.000);
- All gears work just fine at low RPM's (below 10.000);
- There are no noises;
- Applying more pressure to the shift pedal doesn't make any difference;
- Shift shaft has no lateral play;

Obviously the first thing I wanna check is the shift shaft and gearshift cam through the clutch cover, but the fact that it shifts correctly at low RPM's kinda suggests the problem is in the transmission itself, right? If so, I assume taking the engine out is the only way to further access any damage?

Thanks in advance for any help/tips you can provide, I would guess I'm not the first with transmission issues after a crash?

·
Banned
474 Posts
Say yours and my guess is 5th gear. Say our foot more or less lets the spring and stopper roller end the shift there. But the impact was so hard and fast, it moved past the the drum and stopper indent, kept on feeding that energy at the side thrust of the fork and bent it. It was just that much of a tweak to work in low power moves, but the faster moves is the fork is bent that much?... my best guess at it, unless I throw; the shift was mid taint. Taint the window cut for the dog this way and taint either this side had an entry point is it has to enter to not bend but hit the taint for that one moment and that ever happen to your? Then you know twat bent is all about.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Ah, the old slipping out and ramming it back in analogy, I love it. Cost me a bent shift fork drag racing once, a bent "rod" more than once. Now I know what the area on either side of the slots in the gears is called, taint! :rotfl:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts