Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a PCIII. Currently only have a K&N filter and a Micron slipon. What mods should I do next? Cheap, simple ones only.
Should I cut off the exhaust cone or leave it on?
Should I do the pair valve mod?
Should I mod the air flapper door?
Etc...
Suggestions?

Also, I am running the 104-002 map (Micron slipon, stock air filter). Anyone have a better map suggestion, or just go with that? I will do a custom map later, when I have time to tune it.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
DavidGS : Just got a PCIII. Currently only have a K&N filter and a Micron slipon. What mods should I do next? Cheap, simple ones only.
Should I cut off the exhaust cone or leave it on?
Should I do the pair valve mod?
Should I mod the air flapper door?
Etc...
Suggestions?

Also, I am running the 104-002 map (Micron slipon, stock air filter). Anyone have a better map suggestion, or just go with that? I will do a custom map later, when I have time to tune it.
A) leave it
B) maybe for future tuning ease
C) not until you put in a full system (Hindle ) and have it professionally dyno-tuned

The map should be fine, and getting the bike tuned before you have at least a full system in it would be a waste of money because you'd have to do it again later.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Unless you can't stand to change your air filters, give the K&N the heave and put your stock back in it's place. You'll probably pick up a couple of HP's (the ones you lost putting in the K&N)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts