Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
figment : can someone explain how this system works? What does it make happen?
Its a hydraulic shifter (no use of feet is needed), similar in nature to many other models. The advantages to the Dynojet model is by it being programmable in many facets. The USB PC also allows tuning of individual cylinders (if you havent already read the description). Shifting is accomplished by your left hand via F1 style shifting.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The 'Quickshift' pieces are sensors that tell the PCIII to cut the ignition when you start to shift eliminating the need to roll off the throttle to do a 'Clutchless Shift.'

The shift rod sensor gets threaded into an adapted shifter linkage and senses pressure/tension on the shifter to signal the PCIII. The tension rod is connected from a hard point to the shift lever on bikes without linkage (VFR) and the thumb button is for when an automatic system is outlawed by race rules.

Keith

·
Registered
929 Posts
figment : thanks!
 Read Keith's explanation (above), as it is accurate.  I shot my mouth off before ensuring my statements were accurate (an unusual occurance).  I apologize for misleading anyone that read my 'assumed' and uneducated response.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts