Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like if it is worth buying the pcIII for my bike...

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Yes AND No

It's alittle pricey for what it offers, yes it does smooth out initial power surge 3500 rpm, and smooths out low end throttle response/control.

I have been riding this whole freaking summer thinking that I had a map loaded, and now that I do, I don't know.

Honestly, I can now tell the advantages of the PCIII. Is it worth $270.00? That's the question.

If you're going to a full exhaust system you will have basically no choice, but a 1/2 system or slip on it's optional.

If money is no real issue, go for it. If your penny pinching right now, wait for the income tax return.

Just my 2 pennies!

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
abtech : 270 is pretty steep.  They can be found for around 225 if you shop around.
abtech, would you suggest a custom mapped PC for my now stock 954 (back to stock exhaust)?

I tend to feel the throttle response and power delivery is quite nice as is, but I have to admit that when I pulled my SV's carbs and rejetted last summer, the driveability factor went up alot. Yet that bike had a full Yoshi TRS system that I'd installed and I'm not sure there is an apples/apples comparison here.

In short, do you think it's worth it to do a PC on a totally stock machine?

·
Registered
49 Posts
It makes a mild difference on a stock bike, but it can always be updated as you add a pipe, etc for even more power.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Definitely worth it, especially if you find it for $225 or less

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put a PC3 in and have no regrets.
Once you do other mods(full system and air box)
get a pro to build a custom map. It's worth the money.
Mine was done by Canadian factory Honda superbike tech.
Works great.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Welcome to the .org Rymar!

Babbat/abtech - is the subtle difference you are referring to with a stock system regarding HP or smoothing out the low end? I am more interested in smoothing out the low end w/stock system than adding HP. Months ago when I ordered my Ohlins damper from DK I also ordered a PC III. The PC III actually made the low end worse - could have been loaded w/the wrong map, but I ended up sending it back to Dan. If one w/the correct map will make a very noticeable difference in the low end 'jerkiness' then I might try one again. TIA!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I went to a 15t drive sprocket and it all but cured my low end stumble (maybe masked it is a better description). No complaints as I don't do extensive slab time on the bike. They say it turns the 'blade into a wheelie monster, no problems here...but then again Bacchus with your girlish stature this may be more of a concern to you than a big burly man like myself...only cost you $20 and a half hour to try it...

J(is that an h I see...nope)on

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Installed the 15T months ago fumb, and love it! It definitely made a pronounced difference in acceleration, but I didn't notice any diff in the low end stumble . I'd really like to give the PC III a go again, if I hear enough feedback here regarding its advantages relating to off throttle stumbling.

Jo 'H n

·
Registered
441 Posts
I do like the 15 tooth to get it out of the stumble range quicker 1-3K off the line. But it's just too much torque coming off of low speed corners and if I'm a gear up it's not enough. So I think I'm going back to stock again.

I had a pc3r on my stock 929 and tried everything to help the 1-3k range and it wouldn't help at all. The bike has plenty of power above that range but just seems to bog until your half way across an intersection. Unless you slip the clutch that is. If all you want to do is help that then the gearing is the cheap way to go.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Bacchus : Installed the 15T months ago fumb, and love it!  It definitely made a pronounced difference in acceleration, but I didn't notice any diff in the low end stumble   .  I'd really like to give the PC III a go again, if I hear enough feedback here regarding its advantages relating to off throttle stumbling.

Jo 'H n
maybe I'm not as sensitive as you Bacchus or maybe I'm just a real life sized man(not some girlie boy toy...as yourself) but, my 3k+,- stumble is gone...

J(h...what freaking h might you be talking about...oh the gay h...nope not here)on

·
Registered
5 Posts
As far as being new to the forum, I'm not just seem to have been busy. Probably missed the memo, anyway thats ok I'll get to a new avatar.
My 929 never (in my oppinion) had no stumble off the line.
But it has to work to lug my 190 plus gear ass around.
I changed to 15 front right away, never looked back, Im sure DK will fix you up, my choice was to go full system then PC3 to fully use the $250 box. and again this has been said, a proper map will amaze you - no stumble even without the flapper and exhaust valve. Cheers.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Had anyone heard of a DFO? It's used like a jet kit for fuel injected bikes.

·
Registered
311 Posts
CBR629 said:
<font color='#000000'>I like if it is worth buying the pcIII for my bike...</font>
I just installed a PCIII yesterday. I bought it from DK and used a map he downloaded from his "stash". I have a stock exhaust and will keep it that way for a couple reasons. Anyway, took it out for a two hour run on a good backroad--Highway 25 south of Hollister. My bike never had a low rpm stumble, but it did have the switch on/switch off (whiplash) throttle. Seems better now. The most dramatic change was in the power curve. Just smooth acceleration from 3k on up to redline. No peaks or valleys. Not that the bike had a rough curve, but what lttle was wrong is now gone. Gotta love that. :) I will get an aftermarket bolt on in the near future, but need to keep the rest stock so I can use the stock can again for noise restriction.

:eyebrows: PS: CBR629, glad you appreciate "Thea". (Avatar) I'll just have to use a new one. Cute huh?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts