Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had any problems downloading their map from the PCIIIR.  I keep getting a 'File and version not compatible' error or something like that.  Powercommanders website states that you'll get the error if you're using the wrong com port, but's that not the case because I can interface with the PCIIIR to get the hardware info.  Anyway, hope someone can answer this question.  I'm taking my bike in for a remap next week and would really like to download and save the map I currently have just in case.

FYI, I am using Powercommanders newest version of the s/w.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have had EXACTLY the same problem as you Scooper......and I would LOVE to know what I can do about it. My bike was mapped to 13.1 ( and made 146hp )....but I would like to try and richen it out a bit to see what happens....but want to be able to go back if it all goes pear shaped........If anyone out there knows anything I would love to hear it

Mickyboy

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
contact dynojet, they may have software problems with the latest version, as an interim measure why not reload an older version of the soft ware

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Can't you auto select the com port? Try them all?

I just changed my map on monday, I should know. I have seen that error, but there's a way around it I thought...

·
Registered
208 Posts
ccwilli3 : Can't you auto select the com port?  Try them all?

I just changed my map on monday, I should know.  I have seen that error, but there's a way around it I thought...
I tried every com port available...plus the auto detect option...and got nothing. Maybe I should try and get some info from Dynojet ( can't really call them from here, so will have to rely on email )

Mickyboy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ratter1 : contact dynojet, they may have software problems with the latest version, as an interim measure why not reload an older version of the soft ware
I actually tried an older version. When it didn't work I upgraded to the newest version. I may just have to give dynojet a call and see what's up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally found what my problem was. I didn't load the Zero Map into the software before I tried to receive my map. What I did intially was hook up the computer to the PCIIIR, open up the Powercommander software and tried to do a 'Get All'. Apparently something must be loaded before it will go get the map. Oh well. Just thought folks that had the same problem as me would like to know. Peace.

·
Registered
208 Posts
scooper929 : Finally found what my problem was.  I didn't load the Zero Map into the software before I tried to receive my map.  What I did intially was hook up the computer to the PCIIIR, open up the Powercommander software and tried to do a 'Get All'.  Apparently something must be loaded before it will go get the map.  Oh well.  Just thought folks that had the same problem as me would like to know.  Peace.
will try that this very minute scooper....thanks..........SUCCESS !!!......interesting to see how different the custom map is to the dynojet map

Mickyboy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts