Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
why did you have to take the tank off?? You should have just been able to take the cover off and go underneath the tank...thats what i did...it was a very simple install...did you get the IRC or Z bomb yett?? If not DEFINATELY get it...well worth the $60 for 7hp on top...Its the most HP you wil get for the money..

·
Registered
824 Posts
the PCV no longer attaches to the same sensor...that is who the throttle needs to be calibrated...the IRC just plugs in line between the ECU and the TPS sensor...this is why the PCV gets the modified signal but it affects the tuning very marginally...DJ has tested this and verifies that it is not a problem...so just hook up the IRC....add a value of 9 to your 80-100% column between 9500 and redline....and recalibrate your throttle and you are good to go

·
Registered
824 Posts
there is a way to bypass the ecm and rewire the TPS to the PCV first but its not worth the hassle...you will never know the difference..and you will viod any warranty that the parts have...If you want pics of where the IRC needs to go i can take some...let me know...and when you install it...DO NOT TA2KE YOUR AIRBOX OFF...DONT EVEN LOOSEN IT...you can get it installed with some needle nose pliers and a skinny flathear screwdriver...if you have any questions just let me know!

·
Registered
824 Posts
ok well if you do it the other way...which will probably take another 6-12 hrs to test all the wires...re route and install...you MIGHT get another 1/50th of a hp...so marginally speaking...if thats worth it for you then i feel sorry...you would never tell the difference between a bike with one harness or another in a million years...because it barely effects it...the dyno charts are out there to prove it...dynojet..who has been around since the beginning of fuel injection on motorcycles...i think knows that their talking about and knows what their doing when it comes to the bikes they make parts for....

im not one to half a$$ anything but it is literally pointless to rewire the PCV and void the warranty for 1/50 of a hp...its beyond retarded...and if you dont even know where your hooking this stuff up...i am assuming if you have to ask how this is installed then you do not have the expertise to rewire the IRC and PCV...personally i think you should just hook it up the way DJ tells you to...recalibrate the throttle and not worry about the 1/999999999999999999 of a second your going to save yourself on a lap time...IMO

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First of all, I known where the damn thing goes, you have to be retarded not to. Second off I was under the impresstion you had a wirring diagram for the correct order to put it in. Thirdly I want to be able to fine tune past 80% throttle. If I do any power adding mods it will be detremental to be able to control the upper fuel. I guess you would understand that if you would have ask why it was important to me. Lastly, if you want to pull them out and measure electronics knowledge and mechanical capability you may want to know who someone is first, I promise you I have extensive experence with some of the nations most high tech equipment. So holster your stubby phillips and know the whole scope before you insert your foot in your mouth.

·
Registered
824 Posts
if you have that much mechanical knowledge you sHOULD easily be able to test the wires and find out where they need to go...it doesnt take that much knowledge...and if u knew that much u wouldnt be coming on here asking how...and when you get it done...please post dyno charts of the massive improvements!!! if your that worried ab2out the minute changes then why dont you just go and get a bazzaz zfi instead of a PCV????? when did i say anything about a wiring diagram????? umm never...and if your smarter than all the dynojet people then why arnt u on the sidelines at motoGP???? Im just telling you how it is....if you want additional Options for high RPM fueling go and get a SFM....and if your that worried about the high RPM timing then spend the extra money to get a PC3 with the ignition module....the zbomb and IRC are easy fix solutions....they are not meant to turn your bike into a racing machine...i highly doubt you can even use 100% of the power the bike offers stock...and if you can...then i plan on seeing you on TV racing motorcycles sometime this year...GL...heres a hint for you...all you have to do is find out which wire from the PCV taps into the TPS via the sub harness...you can do this very easily by measuring each wire for voltage changes when the throttle is turned....the take the wire out...bypass it to the TPS and then through the IRc and back to the ECU...problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but make sure you do before and after dynos so we can all see how much it helps....DJ has already did this on another forum and it didnt change a thing...NOTHING...so you can see why most dont bother...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was wanting the wiring diagram which is why I posted this. Easier that way. You still do not understand... the fine tuning for a forced induction is what I was after, though on that thought I will need a bazzaz for tc for I don't grow wings under boost.

·
Registered
824 Posts
aaaaahhhh...i see...well thats a horse of a different color...forced induction changes the whole story...you definately need the secondary fuel module for the PCV if your not going with the bazzaz unit but like you said the TC will be a good investment! not to mention you get control of all 8 injectors with the bazzaz zfm...If i were you i wouldnt keep the PCV..get the bazzaz and you wont have to worry about wiring because the zfm connects right to the TPS before the IRC/bomb so it will see the unmodified signal...sorry for the misunderstanding..i wasnt sure where you were going with all of this...you know some of the people on here hear something and they automatically assume certain things and whatnot...your gonna want ignition timing control also if your going with the turbo and the PCV, as far as i know, doesnt have an ignition module that is compatible yet...so you either need to get the PC3 which will fix both the ignition problem and TPS sensor problem...or go with a bazzaz unit...good luck and keep us updated on progress

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is going to take a while, I'm going to buy a test bike for deveopment, don't want to blow mine up, compair turbo maps, talk to fabricators etc. I'm trying to get a setup that will have a consistant boost like a super does then make it availble for less than the comp. Shouldn't be too hard just have to do the math.

·
Registered
824 Posts
the better the turbo...the easier it usually is to get consistancy from...but your right...you need to do some serious calculations and figure out the best size for the specific application...they already have kits out there...buy one and just outsource the parts from china and sell them as a kit...that way you dont have to go through the hard part :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.