Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have currently misplaced my repair manual. I would like to know if the petcock can be rebuilt or would it be better to buy a new one. it is leaking pretty bad. I removed the tank and have the petcock in the off position and it is pissing fuel pretty good. I also know i will have to replace the hoses. I have a 92 F2.

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
I went through the same stuff with mine. I drilled out the rivets that held it together, removed the plate and rubber sealing grommet, ground some seats into the metal, and added a little bit longer stronger spring, tapped the holes and put it back together with screws. That worked, BUT, it was a P.I.A, and you had to jiggle it a little when you turn it off to be sure it sealed. If you want my old one, you can have it for the cost of shipping. I just got a vacuum petcock off Ebay for like $19, I love it, now I never have to turn it off, its automatically off when the motor isnt running. I got it from partsman844 , he may have more.... :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went through the same stuff with mine. I drilled out the rivets that held it together, removed the plate and rubber sealing grommet, ground some seats into the metal, and added a little bit longer stronger spring, tapped the holes and put it back together with screws. That worked, BUT, it was a P.I.A, and you had to jiggle it a little when you turn it off to be sure it sealed. If you want my old one, you can have it for the cost of shipping. I just got a vacuum petcock off Ebay for like $19, I love it, now I never have to turn it off, its automatically off when the motor isnt running. I got it from partsman844 , he may have more.... :cool:
Hey Rick could you point me in the right direction with a link? I found two vacuum petcocks..one for a 50 and another for a 125. Nothing for the CBR. I really need a replacement and don't wanna spend 120+ for a new OEM one or 40 for a questionable used one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I found 3, all mechanical, :thumbd:
You might try contacting the Ebay seller at the above link and see if he has any that aren't listed on Ebay. I spent a few weeks looking before I found one.... :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found 3, all mechanical, :thumbd:
You might try contacting the Ebay seller at the above link and see if he has any that aren't listed on Ebay. I spent a few weeks looking before I found one.... :cool:
so the one you bought was specifically for the F2? I thought maybe you adapted one for another model to fit.

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
Checked my peacock for mechanical parts, sorry mine dosnt have any, fec*ing sharp claws and beak though, not doing that again :rotfl::rotfl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts