Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have problems with the petrol tap on my cbr900 RR 1999 .it is vacuum controlled type .that parts ok but i stripped out the other side because the tap wasn't turning off properly .cleaned all up retapped cover etc reassembled ,now of course it leaks as gasket is old .unable to get a replacement gadget o ring Don't fancy spending silly money on genuine replacement part, I am thinking of getting cheap chinese replacement tap Has anyone had similar problems,and overcome it? (ps this was all due to lack of use during last year pandemic)

·
Registered
80 Posts
G'day ceeeejay if you haven't solved the issue i have a 99 also same problem used JB weld on the mating surfaces worked a treat for 4 yrs, ,. No leak then started to leak ... ordered a jap pet cock cheap as 20 dollars leaked brought another been excellent for the past 2 yrs,,,so yes hit and a miss ,,..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice I have done the same ,and yes its holding Not yet received replacement tap from China ,when I do I will keep it for future use. drive safe and thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the advice I have done the same ,and yes its holding Not yet received replacement tap from China ,when I do I will keep it for future use. drive safe and thanks
No worries ,,,,also can block of the vacum side with hose and screw in the vacum side where it goes from the tap to the motor .. use as gravity feed also works,,,, if rubber vacum seal goes is .,,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No worries ,,,,also can block of the vacum side with hose and screw in the vacum side where it goes from the tap to the motor .. use as gravity feed also works,,,, if rubber vacum seal goes is .,,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the vacuum tip, should be ok on that as I have already replaced diaphram etc.I presume if vac hose sealed off on pettap you would have to seal of vac inlet on block?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts