Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if this is normal...

When ignition switch is turned on (engine stop switch is at run) all indicators lights up a few seconds... next all indicators goes out but the PGM FI indicator stays on and the RED MIL lights up again and stays on until the engine is started.

I tought the PGMI FI indicator goes out after a few seconds and the red MIL lights stays off when ignition switch is turned on?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm not sure of what steps to take for diagnosis without looking through the service manual, but have you checked there first? attached is a file showing the failure codes associated with the FI lamp. I suggest to take a look at those and determine what you mode is, then proceed with diagnosis.

does it blink at all? stay lit continuously then goes off? etc..

good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
so both the fi and the red light go off once the bike is running?

·
Registered
210 Posts
so both the fi and the red light go off once the bike is running?

I am not sure and don't have access to my bike right now to tell you how mine works, but my point was if you think there might be an issue then follow the procedure in the shop manual to determine if there truly is a fault: Start the engine with the bike on its kickstand and the MIL light will either remain on or blink if there is an error in it's memory bank.

You said that your light goes OFF after starting the engine so you should be ok. Are you experiencing any problems?

Better yet do you have the service manual??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tested it, and got one long blink and one short blink... engine operates normally... so it should be my vehicle speed sensor? But it seems that my vehicle speedometer works normally....

I think i'm ging to reset the memory and see if he gives me the same fault again...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts