Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 20066 cbr1000rr, I replaced the stock airfilter(k&n) and exhaust(sato slip-on). After changing 2 of 3 after market parts I started the bike to make sure each installation didn't cause any errors. The bike checked out okay when I replaced the airfilter. I removed the stock exhaust up to the flange connect behind the foot peg. I could not resist starting the bike before installing the after market pipe. Oh oh what a sweet sound it is, anyway in addition to the pipe being removed. The servo connect to the exhaust is completely removed as well. When starting 4 long blinks followed by 3 short. Can someone help me with this code? Could this error code becoming from the exhaust service I completely removed from the bike setup?My service manual will not be in until next week. Last I tried to install the power commander only to find out my fuel pump doesn't prime or start. Once I remove the power commander the bike starts without any problems. But the pgm-fi still flashes the error code and stays on when I put it into gear.Any ideas help would be great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im having the same issue on my 02 954 after I changed the oil and changed out my pipe the same thing happened when I started her up. I cant find anything on line to help find out the problem. If you find out something please let me know, and same if I find something out. Hope to hear from you soon.
later,
chris

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Don't know about the 1000 but on the 929 error code 34 is the one for the exhaust valve.
Have you connected the earth lead on the PC?
I have an error light all the time since removing the servo valve.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
there is no 43 listed in my book, 34 is

Faulty EGCV and air intake valve servo motor potentiometer voltage; Engine operates normally.

When you removed the exhaust servo did you remove the motor as well as the cables and valve? I think you need to have the servo motor in place to fool the Fi into thinking all is normal...........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts