Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK! I have done this trip many times, three days down, two days there and three days back. Usually my bike looks like a pack horse compared to my fellow riders. This year I want to travell as light as I can so what would you take clothes and gear wise for the trip if you were going. I want numbers of everything, socks, jocks, shirts, shorts, jeans, shoes, thongs(flipflops), puncture repair kits, phone charger, gaffa tape, clear visor, cable ties, etc,etc,etc. Keep in mind that we can wash and dry on Saturday and Sunday when we get there for the return trip home. Many thanks ,Macca.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
OK! I have done this trip many times, three days down, two days there and three days back. Usually my bike looks like a pack horse compared to my fellow riders. This year I want to travell as light as I can so what would you take clothes and gear wise for the trip if you were going. I want numbers of everything, socks, jocks, shirts, shorts, jeans, shoes, thongs(flipflops), puncture repair kits, phone charger, gaffas tape, clear visor, cable ties, etc,etc,etc. Keep in mind that we can wash and dry on Saturday and Sunday when we get there for the return trip home. Many thanks ,Macca.
Sounds like much in that list, here is how I would play it:

at least a pair of underwear for each day

a pair of socks for each day.

T-shirts at least one for each day, if you go somewhere at night you can wear a different one because you will have a day to wash and dry.

3 jeans and 3 shorts

1 pair of sneakers or shoes, something besides the boots your riding with,and 1 pair of flipflops.

small bag with toothbrush,toothpaste and shaving eqipment.

I use a lightly tinted shield, good enough for day and night so I wouldn't need the extra shield

definately a phone charger

Because I was born in the US and feel like I am invinsible(as someone said in another thread) I probaby woudn't bring the cable ties and repair crap, maybe just a can of fix a flat to get me to a repair shop.

rain gear

fat wallet

That would probably do it for me, hope it helps you Macca, sounds like fun.

·
Registered
11,724 Posts
OK! I have done this trip many times, three days down, two days there and three days back. Usually my bike looks like a pack horse compared to my fellow riders. This year I want to travell as light as I can so what would you take clothes and gear wise for the trip if you were going. I want numbers of everything, socks, jocks, shirts, shorts, jeans, shoes, thongs(flipflops), puncture repair kits, phone charger, gaffas tape, clear visor, cable ties, etc,etc,etc. Keep in mind that we can wash and dry on Saturday and Sunday when we get there for the return trip home. Many thanks ,Macca.
As a rule i get everything i think i need and dump half of it, forget a bit and make do (not real specific but it kinds works) :D

·
Registered
599 Posts
Assuming your going straight to the track then straight home. For the first three days you can virtually live in your bike gear so all you really need is some comfy clothes for wandering around the track. Who cares about the journey home.

1 pair of jeans (not be worn until you get there)
1 long sleeved top (roll up the sleeves if its warm, roll them down when cooler - also not be worn until you get there)
1 fleece top (not be worn until you get there)
3 pairs of socks (1 pair for the way down, 1 pair for once there and a spare in case you get wet. You can wash and dry a pair of socks overnight)
3 pairs of pants. (see washing socks above)
1 rain suit. (Essential, very important to stay dry and can be worn over comfy clothes at track)
1 pair of walking shoes/boots. (comfy and also covers in case of a bit of rain at the track)
Wash bag (toothbrush n paste, deodorant, soap, sun cream)
1 small towel.
1 standard tool kit.
1 roll of duck tape. (obviously)
1 small roll of bin bags (very useful - can be worn over feet if boots start to leak to keep feet (socks) dry, made into seats if ground is wet at track, torn open and made into shade if its hot, used as an umbrella, used to keep clothes in to keep them dry, used to keep dirty socks in to keep the stench away from clean clothes etc etc)
1 motorbike.

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
Flamin' 'ell.. and they say women take too much stuff...

My list would be..

Bike gear to wear too and fro plus...
1 pair jeans (maybe 2 if I had room)
3 strappy tops
1 thicker/bigger top in case it's cooler
3 undies (thankfully ladies undies can be folded in to next to nothing ;))
3 socks
Shoes/boots of some kind to walk about in
wash bag containing wet wipes (for keeping clean with), toothbrush, toothpaste & deoderant
Roll of bin bags for same reasons as dr256 said
Tool kit
Tape

and then I'd slum it for the weekend and have a bl00dy good bath when I got home :D

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like much in that list, here is how I would play it:

at least a pair of underwear for each day

a pair of socks for each day.

T-shirts at least one for each day, if you go somewhere at night you can wear a different one because you will have a day to wash and dry.

3 jeans and 3 shorts

1 pair of sneakers or shoes, something besides the boots your riding with,and 1 pair of flipflops.

small bag with toothbrush,toothpaste and shaving eqipment.

I use a lightly tinted shield, good enough for day and night so I wouldn't need the extra shield

definately a phone charger

Because I was born in the US and feel like I am invinsible(as someone said in another thread) I probaby woudn't bring the cable ties and repair crap, maybe just a can of fix a flat to get me to a repair shop.

rain gear

fat wallet

That would probably do it for me, hope it helps you Macca, sounds like fun.
Pretty much the way I think, except only 1 pair of jeans and 2 pair of shorts, oh and of course a fat wallet.:thumb:

As a rule i get everything i think i need and dump half of it, forget a bit and make do (not real specific but it kinds works) :D
:rotfl: Thats the way a few of the lads do it because they know if they hav'nt got it ( chain lube, torch, etc,etc) Maccas has. :rolleyes: So I'm determined to go with 1 bag. :hmm:

Assuming your going straight to the track then straight home. For the first three days you can virtually live in your bike gear so all you really need is some comfy clothes for wandering around the track. Who cares about the journey home.

1 pair of jeans (not be worn until you get there)
1 long sleeved top (roll up the sleeves if its warm, roll them down when cooler - also not be worn until you get there)
1 fleece top (not be worn until you get there)
3 pairs of socks (1 pair for the way down, 1 pair for once there and a spare in case you get wet. You can wash and dry a pair of socks overnight)
3 pairs of pants. (see washing socks above)
1 rain suit. (Essential, very important to stay dry and can be worn over comfy clothes at track)
1 pair of walking shoes/boots. (comfy and also covers in case of a bit of rain at the track)
Wash bag (toothbrush n paste, deodorant, soap, sun cream)
1 small towel.
1 standard tool kit.
1 roll of duck tape. (obviously)
1 small roll of bin bags (very useful - can be worn over feet if boots start to leak to keep feet (socks) dry, made into seats if ground is wet at track, torn open and made into shade if its hot, used as an umbrella, used to keep clothes in to keep them dry, used to keep dirty socks in to keep the stench away from clean clothes etc etc)
1 motorbike.
Yeah the bin bags are handy for the dirty or wet stuff. I put all my clothes, separately of course, in clip lock bags, folded nicely and put them on the bed and sit on them to get all the air out before I seal the bags, sort of like cryovacing each article and you would be amazed how much extra space you gain.
:plus1: on the motorbike. :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flamin' 'ell.. and they say women take too much stuff...

My list would be..

Bike gear to wear too and fro plus...
1 pair jeans (maybe 2 if I had room)
3 strappy tops
1 thicker/bigger top in case it's cooler
3 undies (thankfully ladies undies can be folded in to next to nothing ;))
3 socks
Shoes/boots of some kind to walk about in
wash bag containing wet wipes (for keeping clean with), toothbrush, toothpaste & deoderant
Roll of bin bags for same reasons as dr256 said
Tool kit
Tape

and then I'd slum it for the weekend and have a bl00dy good bath when I got home :D
Close to the money Loopy :thumb: . It's also the things besides the clothes, chain lube, tyre guage, cable ties (a must), gaffa tape (another must), sunscreen, torch, DATE ROLL ( a must must), first aid kit, reading glasses, sunnies (gotta look :cool: ), the list is endless. HELP!:crying: :rotfl:

·
Registered
143 Posts
How many are going ?. I try and sort it so that repair things are shared. One person takes chain lube, one takes Mr Sheen for visors, one or two for puncture kits, 1 tire gauge etc etc
Only need 1 shoes, 1 thongs, 3 socks and undies, 1 jeans, 2 t shirts, 2 long sleeve t,s (its PI), 1 jumper, deoderant, toothtpaste/ toothbrush, soap.
Are towels supplied ?.
When i go it all has to fit in 1 ventura bag or it stays behind.

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
Close to the money Loopy :thumb: . It's also the things besides the clothes, chain lube I have a Scottoiler, tyre guage In my tool kit, cable ties (a must) A few under the seat, gaffa tape (another must) Squashed flat to take up less room under the seat, sunscreen, torch, DATE ROLL ( a must must) (Is that food of some sort??), first aid kit (I would use the facilities on site), reading glasses (In jacket pocket), sunnies (gotta look :cool: ) (I would wear them inside my crash helmet), the list is endless. HELP!:crying: :rotfl:
No it's not :D

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How many are going ?. I try and sort it so that repair things are shared. One person takes chain lube, one takes Mr Sheen for visors, one or two for puncture kits, 1 tire gauge etc etc
Only need 1 shoes, 1 thongs, 3 socks and undies, 1 jeans, 2 t shirts, 2 long sleeve t,s (its PI), 1 jumper, deoderant, toothtpaste/ toothbrush, soap.
Are towels supplied ?.
When i go it all has to fit in 1 ventura bag or it stays behind.
Thats what I want to do, take only one Ventura bag, not even a tank bag this time. :thumb:
Towels and linen supplied with the house. :)
Don't you take any wet gear Rhojef? :idunno:

·
Registered
599 Posts
To save space instead of taking a roll of Gaffa tape stick verious lenghts to the inside of your fairing and should the need arise peel off and reuse :thumb:
Are you mad!
Gaffa tape is the most important item to pack. And it must be a whole role, you can never have enough gaffa tape.
To the point where i'd leave everythign else a just pack the tape.

1. Wrap yourself up and make a shiny space suit. (leave clothes behind)
2. Stick it to your teeth and peel. (leave toothbrush behind)
3. etc
4. etc
5. etc

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To save space instead of taking a roll of Gaffa tape stick verious lenghts to the inside of your fairing and should the need arise peel off and reuse :thumb:
Are you mad!
Gaffa tape is the most important item to pack. And it must be a whole role, you can never have enough gaffa tape.
To the point where i'd leave everythign else a just pack the tape.

1. Wrap yourself up and make a shiny space suit. (leave clothes behind)
2. Stick it to your teeth and peel. (leave toothbrush behind)
3. etc
4. etc
5. etc
Have to agree with dr on this one Bucko, you can never have to much Gaffa tape. We repaired a radiator and hose on my mates Senna that he dropped on a trip. It not only finished the trip, the tape and cable ties were still there doing the job 3 months later. :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thats what I want to do, take only one Ventura bag, not even a tank bag this time. :thumb:
Towels and linen supplied with the house. :)
Don't you take any wet gear Rhojef? :idunno:
Yeah i forgot that and spare gloves.
Have a ball Macca. I had all my arrangements made but have had to pull out due to something that came up.
Will maybe do GP instead.
If you are going through the Snowies the road from Omeo through to Falls creek is sealed all way now. Havn't ridden it yet but is suposed to be a blast.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Why not bring the bare essntials for the journey to and fro minimal clothing, toileteries, tools etc...

Surely a tail pack/tank bag will do for this...

Purchase the rest for there, when there. Then simply dispose of these items such as cheap t shirts, trousers or old ones you brought already etc, in other words dump what you dont need for the journey home...

1 final alternative, post the lot ahead of you in a sealed package as you go?

Oh yeah most of all dont forget to enjoy yourself.

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah i forgot that and spare gloves.
Have a ball Macca. I had all my arrangements made but have had to pull out due to something that came up.
Will maybe do GP instead.
If you are going through the Snowies the road from Omeo through to Falls creek is sealed all way now. Havn't ridden it yet but is suposed to be a blast.
Thats no good at all mate, we could have had a beer together. Maybe some other time.
I'll tell our tour guide about that road and see if we can squeeze it in.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why not bring the bare essntials for the journey to and fro minimal clothing, toileteries, tools etc...

Surely a tail pack/tank bag will do for this...

Purchase the rest for there, when there. Then simply dispose of these items such as cheap t shirts, trousers or old ones you brought already etc, in other words dump what you dont need for the journey home...

1 final alternative, post the lot ahead of you in a sealed package as you go?

Oh yeah most of all dont forget to enjoy yourself.
The trouble with minimal clothing is that we travell such a variety of terrain to and from and we can get four seasons in one day including snow. So we have to carry enough to cover all of them. We have done the postage thing before but as we leave at 7am on Monday to get home and most mornings, the Post Office does'nt open till 9am so that kills that. Also if we get held up for whatever reason and arrive to late on Friday they're closed as well. Buying clothes down there is another option but as usual on these SPECIAL weekends the prices are through the roof. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.