Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few photos from my Saturday morning ride up Bogus Basin Road in the mountains above Boise. It's a great ride, close to town - about 16 miles full of twisties and great views. Not quite as exciting as track riding, but a nice simulation when you can't get to the track.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I sure love that 2003 red/black paint job. The insurance money should be here on Wednesday after my son crashed the 2002 954 and I am hoping to replace it with that color scheme. I have heard of two places here in So. Cal that are selling 2003 954s for $8400 OTD. More to come.  

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$8,400 is a great price - wish I'd paid that for mine! And yeah, the red & black is definitely the way to go - it looks damn fast even while standing still.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Bwhip,
Nice pics!! Makes me think the Le Bois is not as bad as I remember. Did you have to 'sneak up' on you bike to take pics...Chain...you ...are...a...tool...
Again B nice pics. Love the one with the valley behind...kinda almost make out my folks house...almost. Thanks for sharing.

J

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Whipper, loved the pics, particularly this one:

It's obvious you put some thought into your photography.

Also, the roads up there look to be in excellent condition. Fresh blacktop. Very nice!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chain : It's obvious you put some thought into your photography.

Also, the roads up there look to be in excellent condition. Fresh blacktop. Very nice!
Thanks, Chain!

Yesterday my wife asked if people look at me funny when they see me stopped along the road taking pics of the scenery (bike included). Yesterday the bicyclists climbing the hill would ask 'everything okay?' as they rode by, and I'd just say 'Oh yeah, just taking some photos!'

The road is in great shape (used to be pretty bad). You just have to watch out for cagers cutting across the center line when flying into blind corners!  

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
bwhip : Yesterday the bicyclists climbing the hill would ask 'everything okay?' as they rode by, and I'd just say 'Oh yeah, just taking some photos!'

Yeah, been there, experienced that. You'd laugh at some of the looks and reactions I've gotten over the years. I've been known to climb a tree for a photograph. Motorists driving by seeing a 6'3' 220 pound man in riding gear and a full face helmet hanging from a tree has a tendency to cause people some alarm.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Chain : I've been known to climb a tree for a photograph. Motorists driving by seeing a 6'3' 220 pound man in riding gear and a full face helmet hanging from a tree has a tendency to cause people some alarm.
OMG!  I can just see that!   .  You need to have one of your riding buddies get a shot of you in that pose - and please, post it here!

edit: Whoops, forgot to add - great pics bwhip!

·
Registered
728 Posts
bwhip : $8,400 is a great price - wish I'd paid that for mine! And yeah, the red & black is definitely the way to go - it looks damn fast even while standing still.
Not such a great price after all. Those Bastages said it was a typo (ya right). They also sent me an E-mail stating they were selling 2002s for only $8699 OTD, but a phone call to them this morning said all the $8699 OTD 2002s are sold, but they would sell me a 2003 for $9299 OTD. The hunt goes on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts