Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I got my bike, cage, and stuff yesterday morning. I was so stoked, been driving a POS Chevy Malibu rental cage and was sick of the piece.

Anyway, so they backout my cage from the 18 wheeler and lo and behold some nice new scratches on the hood from the load the mover picked up after mine. He admitted it was his fault but blamed it on the guys that loaded the truck in Wichita, KS. But the deal is that it's his truck and his responsibility. An argument ensued.

"How in the f*ck did you let that happen?"

"Well the guys that loaded the truck in Wichita must have done that. They shouldn't have tied down the piano so close to your car."

I say, "You should have been supervising this affair. It's your truck and your responsibility."

He says, "I know. We'll have to phone it in, in just a minute to the company."

I say, "damn right"

In Dallas, this guy assured me that my car and stuff would be taken care of professionally, it wasn't. They also broke my desk and forgot to give me my portable dolly, phucking bastards. More $ I'll have to spend. I paid them $4k to move my cage, bike, and stuff, damnit I'm pissed. I paid to have the car transported because I didn't want to put 2k miles of straight driving on it, IE wear and tear, rock chips and the like. Only to have some twits phuck my shit up. I even told him I'd tip him pretty well if everything got there safe. The morning they showed up, I pulled 2 c-notes out of the ATM but I didn't give him a dime. All he keps saying was that a little paint would fix "her up", not what the phuck I wanted to hear. He just went on and on acting like it was nothing. Maybe he likes dealing with insurance adjusters and the headache of arranging rent a cars etc. I feel like I wrecked my cage or something and I didn't.

I went and got an estimate on the damage, $572. But the mover says they have to dispatch their own adjuster to inspect and rate the damage. What bullshit :rolleyes: The driver tried to tell me that the desk was still useable. Where it broke is one of the vertical supports, that supports my dual 20" monitors. It's one of those Office Max type desks. He told me to just put some more nails in it to hold it together. I made the mover send me forms for claim.

If you ever transport a cage, you might want to get someone to do it that is specific, IE they only transport cages. Probably wouldn't have this problem. Now I get to deal with insurance adjusters and a bodywork place, like I didn't have enough to do. I just got TV working after over a week.

:welcome: to Seattle, my ass :D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Sorry to hear. Your not alone, most movers don't give a chit cause it ain't their stuff!! Very similar to couriers.

These companies must pay quite a bit for insurance!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've had similar experiences w/ movers. They just shrug their shoulders and direct you to Claims. It's almost like they expect to be paying out for damage and work that into the bid.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
That "it's still usable" crap pisses me off. That's not the point. The point is that your stuff is in worse condition now than when they loaded it. Touch up paint on the hood? Refer to previous sentence.
Along the lines of soon2b954's reply, all too often you find that if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself.

·
Registered
626 Posts
booth23 said:
If you ever transport a cage, you might want to get someone to do it that is specific, IE they only transport cages. Probably wouldn't have this problem. Now I get to deal with insurance adjusters and a bodywork place, like I didn't have enough to do. I just got TV working after over a week.

:nod: I moved from Mass to Cali a couple of years back and I sent the cage with a car transport company, this was on the recommendation of the consultant my company hired for me to plan the move. She said the same thing, movers don't know how to handle a car properly. I hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
And this is exactly why I am moving the bikes and cages myself... Been moving for 20 years and not ever has something not gotten broken. PITA getting your money out of people.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Rameneater23,

Aren't you getting too old for pressboard "office max" furniture anyway?

Get some real furniture, and next time just drive the fooking car, it's not a holy relic.... :poke:

:D

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Baketech said:
Rameneater23,

Aren't you getting too old for pressboard "office max" furniture anyway?

Get some real furniture, and next time just drive the fooking car, it's not a holy relic.... :poke:

:D
No I am not, fish. I have specific requirements for a desk that are driven by use. The desk I would like is $2k (industrial equipment) and I can't see buying something like that until I buy a home and am set on laying down anchors. Can't do that right now in this job market :D

My cage isn't a Ferrari, but it's a Ferrari to me Baketech. Anything that cost that much, let's just say I take care of my stuff very well.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
booth23 said:
My cage isn't a Ferrari, but it's a Ferrari to me Baketech. Anything that cost that much, let's just say I take care of my stuff very well.

I understand that....just as surely as you understand I am just zinging you.... :D

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Baketech said:
I understand that....just as surely as you understand I am just zinging you.... :D
I also understand that anything as cheap as my car is nothing to Gecko :D

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
booth23 said:
I also understand that anything as cheap as my car is nothing to Gecko :D
Don't even know what you drive.... pics? :huh:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Baketech said:
Don't even know what you drive.... pics? :huh:
I'll upload one when I get my home machine up and running tonight.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
booth23 said:
I'll upload one when I get my home machine up and running tonight.
I'm quite sure that just telling him what kind of car it is will do.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I thought it was an RSX? :idunno:

I'm with ya booth. Shi'ite like that pisses me off...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
booth23 said:
Anyway, so they backout my cage from the 18 wheeler and lo and behold some nice new scratches on the hood from the load the mover picked up after mine. He admitted it was his fault but blamed it on the guys that loaded the truck in Wichita, KS. But the deal is that it's his truck and his responsibility. An argument ensued.
Ah that's fooked! Had a similar thing happen to me though. Paid $800 to hae some *professionals* load my VFR into the truck along with the rest of the gear. I personally supervised the VFR loading and it was fine. Put large wardrobes next to it and the 3/4" plywood workbench top between them right over the bike. I then went about my other business.

I get here and start unloading and guess what. They put THE HEAVIEST stuff I had (crates of wire weighting hundreds of lbs) ON TOP of the VFR!!! The wardrobes collapsed and the crates were resting on top of it (thankfully I had removed my windscreen). I was freaking PISSED! Only by the grace of God was there not damage to the bike.

Then to top it off one of the crooks shagged an $800 firearm out of one of my boxes in my office (the box made it minus the case containing my H&K) it never made it here). Surprise surprise the dude did not show up to work the next day.... gone.

Who can you freaking trust!?!?!? That so BLOWS! I hope they pay BIG for f'ing your stuff!!!

I hope it works out OK dude.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts