Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah color is cool, but its a lil too on the binding side. So by this summer imma have it painted back to a normal scheme. I do need a Can and some Ram Air Covers for it though. After i have those, then it'll be all good. Thought about some chrome rims, but i think yhose will be too much chrme for it. As for the black seat covers, yeah im going back to those also. Right now i have the tan Ostrich Skin seats on it, but imma redo those in Black Alligator.....=-)

·
Registered
948 Posts
Not my bag of tea... But it is unique! And as long as you like it that is all that matters :thumb:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not my bag of tea... But it is unique! And as long as you like it that is all that matters :thumb:
Yeah, wasnt my bag of tea either when i looked at it. But since i got it for around 1/4 of the retail, i dont guessi could complian, hehe. Then again, i did just come off of a Katan 750....So i guess the 954 has it beat by a mile no matter how ugly or unique it is. Wow was that 750 slowwwww.....=-)

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
My first thought was someone put wheels on a bass boat:), Shoot ride it and enjoy it.
You just came off a 750 kat right? How long you been riding? You might not want to spend a bunch on the bike. Had a rider just coming off a Kat to a 600 go down saturday in front of me. Not trying to jinx just being realistic. If you dont have a couple years hard riding under your belt wait a little on the remodel.

If you don't have it then invest in some really good gear.

Have fun riding:thumb:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great bike!

You just need to add "FireBlade" stickers on it !!!

-C9B5R4-
Yeah i thaught about the fireblade stickers. Here in the United States, they didnt come factory with the "FireBlade" sticker. Only those over seas came with that sticker. I dunno why, but thats just what i found from research. But yeah imma add it when i get a chance. I think imma go back to the original blue/black scheme of the fireblade. Then after that, i'll repaint it another color, but keep the fireblade scheme.....=-)

·
Registered
90 Posts
It appears that the front fork seems to be compressed. I'm just judging from how my bike looks. It doesn't look like there is going to be much travel before bottoming out. Did someone cut the springs or something?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes u are correct. The front forks are compressed and are pretty much bottomed out already (real dangerous). Previous owner said the seals leaked on them. As u can tell, he didnt keep up with the leak too much. So now the srings are worn out and dont move much at all. So i've ordered me some new ones to put on it for summer. I would rebuild the ones on the bike, but since i dont know the full extent on them, i'd rather take my chances with new ones. I'll have the new ones in for Christmas (hopefully)...=-)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes u are correct. The front forks are compressed and are pretty much bottomed out already (real dangerous). Previous owner said the seals leaked on them. As u can tell, he didnt keep up with the leak too much. So now the srings are worn out and dont move much at all. So i've ordered me some new ones to put on it for summer. I would rebuild the ones on the bike, but since i dont know the full extent on them, i'd rather take my chances with new ones. I'll have the new ones in for Christmas (hopefully)...=-)
Did you order Ohlins springs, as these will make it handle so much better?

Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the forks in for Christmas. Finally got around to putting them in a few days ago. Yesterday was my 1st time to ride with a "real" suspension. I will say they made a heck of a difference. Now im waiting on the euro plastics to come in. should be another week or 2 (hopefully). But after i get them in and installed, i'll post newer pics for everyone. Thanks to everyone who has been helping me out on this site. Its great to know that if theres anything u need or need answered for a fireblade, THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE!!!!!....=-)

·
Registered
786 Posts
I LOVE GGGGOOOOLLLLDDDD!!!! Haha...that was the first thing i thought of. But anyways it isn't my personal favorite but it is unique. I am glad to see you are painting it back to a normal color.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I finally got my plastics in after waiting since 1 week b4 Christmas. I gotta admit the blue/black is SEXY!!!!!...LoL. The blue just stands out so much and it sort of changes to darker blue in less light. Definitely was worth the wait, and i cant wait to but them on. Heres a few pics of the tail section after pulling out of the box. Pics arent that great, but it'll do i guess...=-)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/dirtysouth225/HPIM0501.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/dirtysouth225/HPIM0500.jpg

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ordered them from overseas in Europe. As u can see they are not a US based fireblade color and also not the same stickers either. In Europe they put the CBR on the back side and the Fireblade sticker on the side fairing. The US version would have said 954RR on the back side and CBR on the side fairing. Basically its gonna look like a European fireblade once its all installed. Ive seen 2 other 954's round here, but havent seen them in the European style YET, LoL.....I cant wait to put them on....=-)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts