Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about downsizing from my 2000 Dodge Ram 4x4 quadcab to a midsize extended cab 4x2. These deals are good right now...I'm looking at the Chev S-10, Ford Ranger, Dodge Durango, and Toyota Tundra and Tacoma. I will go with the largest available motor in the vehicle I choose...if I decide to jump.
Reasons for looking...0% interest, 12MPG, I never haul anything(I have three different trailers), I can count on one hand the number of times I've had my Dodge in 4wd in the last three years(I have my Jeep CJ for that). Just looking for input/suggestions. TIA.

J

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ST, I kinda thought about full size too but there is rarely anyone but me in the truck...I'm still weighing all the pros and cons...thanks for your input.

J

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Of those choices, something Toyota. 'Course I am Toyota biased because of their reliability record and past personal experience. Don't know what kind of mileage the Tundra would get, but probably not great as my Tacoma 4X4 TRD (no, not turd) 6 cyl. only gets around 18 in town and 21-22 on the hwy. At least they were more than honest on the paperwork, claiming 16-19 mpg. BTW, WTF is with that phucking sh!t anyway - we all know damned well that with today's technology vehicles could get much better mileage. Oh yeah, the oil industry, how could I possibly forget?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bacchus :  BTW, WTF is with that phucking sh!t anyway - we all know damned well that with today's technology vehicles could get much better mileage.  Oh yeah, the oil industry, how could I possibly forget?  
easy big guy...don't want you blowing a gasket.

J(h...no h here)on

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TCD : if you're thinking about the s-10, wait until 2004 when the colorado comes out...
What'll they be changing and will it be worth the requisite price increase?

J

·
Registered
356 Posts
i think that it will be relatively comparable to what the s-10 is going for now. approximately $15k - $25k.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts