Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's scary! HP curve is a straight line up to 161 HP. It did a best of 165.2HP but wasn't as smooth. The torque is 75.2 peak and is there from 8K and up. I only took a short ride so far, but acceleration is so smooth and the new trans is awesome. 3 hrs on the dyno breaking in and mapping were well worth the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Re: Picked the 954 up! dyna graph added

What a neat project - I'd like to read more about how it turns out once you get the chance to flog it.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
My dyno curve looked like that but down a little more than 10 hp. Since power doesn't taper off to the limiter, you will find yourself hitting it much more often.

Nice bullet you have there.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IT's stock bore, Valve size and angle with new internals.

HRC crank, flywheel, generator
Erion Pistons & Cams
Ferrea Valves
Carrillo Ti Rods
Head work

·
Registered
307 Posts
thats bloody insane :thumb: good work mate. i want to see the faces of the guys on CBR1000RR's that you leave at the lights :evilaugh:
enjoy

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
BillAce said:
IT's stock bore, Valve size and angle with new internals.

HRC crank, flywheel, generator
Erion Pistons & Cams
Ferrea Valves
Carrillo Ti Rods
Head work

:nworthy2:
sound like it would be awesome, what's it like to ride, I mean does it lack any power down low for street useage?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The first ride was with new rubber so I took it very easy. I didn't go above 9K or even 1/2 throttle but it seems to pull everywhere. My 600 has a bunch of HRC parts and sputters badly @ 5K before the power comes on. The 954 just seems to pull no matter where you are in the revs. I'll be riding today and bump up the revs a bit, I'm taking it slow, breaking it in and I'm probably a little scared. The thing I'm most impressed with is the transmission. Shifting is posetive and effortless. It seems like an easy bike to ride around town and a great throttle control drill.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
slowpoke said:
You did say you got the last 'pump gas' motor they had, right? :eyebrows:
As far as I know, Yes. This motor wasn't listed for sale, they forgot they built it. about a week after I said no to the FX motor they called and offered this one. I can get 98 at a gas station not to far from me, that's the "pump gas" I'll be running most likely.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts