Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Pics of 954rr rear seat cable lock routing

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  COBRA90GT 
#1 ·
LIke the title says, I'm looking for a few good photos that show the routing of the rear seat cable lock for 02/03 954RR please.
Have already taken a look at the factory service manual but it didn't know any detailed photos about how it was snaked through the tail fairing.

I disconnected my rear seat cable lock from the tail fairing during spring inspection/maintenance and put it back together but when the key was turned to unlock the rear seat afterwards, it was not putting enough tension on the cable to fully unlock the latch [I HAVE been able to unlock it since then - if others come across this situation, you simply remove the rear seat mounting nuts (1 on each side) with a small wrench and then use a needle nose pliar to grab the cable itself and apply tension to it to help unlatch things apart).

So, if others can post up a few pics (top down view, from the side looking at how the cable is worked around the inside of the tail fairing, etc) it would be greatly appreciated ! I have included a pic of how mine currently sits as well, for reference.

Thanks all ! :)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
^ Thanks, that looks good to me - I'll have to check my cable routing again after it goes behind the piece of black plastic with the "warning" sticker on it...if you or anyone else happens to have a "top-down" view looking at that section (I know it's tight quarters!) it might be helpful - really appreciate it ! :)

#5 ·
With sincerest apologies, I usually jump straight on to these calls for assistance. I have a super-mint 954 which is buried in the back of my collection. I was hoping someone else would rally to the cause. Further to Matt's help and your request for further assistance, I hauled mine out. I trust this series of pics will help. For info,the bike is a 6,000 miler and I'm the second owner:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.