1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Umm, so... what's wrong with it?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I thought he was going to pose with his bike, Nooooooooooo!!!

Nice bike dude, you had me worried.

'What's gaying on here, I mean, what's going on here'

·
Registered
364 Posts
Pat, ya just gotta consider painting your hugger silver, dude.  It'll be that 'finishing touch' I just know you're looking for.  I did it, and the process was painless (as if you need any more encouragement than that).  One point though: you should consider buying aluminum (colored) rather than 'silver' paint for the task.  Krylon will be the ticket.  It will give you a better match to your baby's swingarm.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Bacchus : Quote (2OHOH2954 @ Oct. 03 2003, 12:53pm)Umm, so... what's wrong with it?
Easy!  It's not red/black.  J/K Pat, nice bike  
I ask because of the
icon in the post

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RaggedEdge,i was thinking bout doing that,but i didnt paint the undertail because of the chipping that will probably happen with everyday riding, so i just left it factory black. thats why i left the hugger black also!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Don't let the prospect of a few stone chips throw you, Pat.  Go for the gusto, dude.  How about the idea of clear-coating the silver with polyurethane (ie. Varathane, or similar product) to protect the paint?  I didn't paint my undertail because of the same concerns you have, but it just occurred to me now how I might protect the paint job.  Excellent!  A winter project for me...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Or consider just getting the European OEM hugger instead that comes in silver. No paint chipping to worry about.

SS

·
Registered
339 Posts
Now I know what the tail on my blade will look like when I get a cowl for it!

·
Registered
453 Posts
THATS the way Honda should have done the silver/black. Looks good. I bet the number plate fora red/black would look tight on the silver tail

1 - 20 of 20 Posts