Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Pics of my new seat cowl ...

8K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  MarkN929RR 
#1 ·
#12 ·
That's a great looking 929 you got there!

Very nicely done!

I went to the site to see if they made one for the 954, but I don't speak German, and they didn't have pictures next to the items listed for Honda. I'd be interested to know if they make one for the 954. I couldn't tell from the list.

#14 ·
Actually Honda makes one for the 954. I ordered it from them from my local dealer. the only thing is, it's kind of expensive for a cowl. It runs about $180. It looks very similar to the picture above, except the Honda cowl has a small 'bubble' and an tiny back pad where the seat meets it. It looks extemely smooth though. I hope to have pics up soon.

wow, I just broke my posting cherry.

#15 ·
Thanks everyone.

pczach,

As Fire929blade pointed out they call the 954 an SC50. Also, there are pictures on the webpage. Here's the one for the 954 ...

Fire929blade,

Delivery was actually pretty quick after the order went through. There was a problem getting them to sell to a non German citizen In the end I had to have a German friend actually place my order for me. In the end I think it was worth all the trouble though. Plus it'll be pretty rare once I and the bike leave Germany

Crash,

The bolts are from the stock rearsets ... got the idea on this forum

#17 ·
TEN : Actually Honda makes one for the 954.  I ordered it from them from my local dealer.  the only thing is, it's kind of expensive for a cowl.  It runs about $180.  It looks very similar to the picture above, except the Honda cowl has a small 'bubble' and an tiny back pad where the seat meets it.  It looks extemely smooth though.  I hope to have pics up soon.  

wow, I just broke my posting cherry.
You coulda got it at RonAyers.com for $155  

#21 ·
Red Rider : Red929, why don't they sell outside of Germany?  I'd like to buy the same one you got, if possible.
It's not just they don't want to sell them outside of Germany, they don't want to sell them to any non-Germans, or at least any Americans. Apparently the reasoning is legal issues ... they guy kept going on about the POS lady who sued McDonalds after she dumped coffee in her lap and actually won the case. Bottom line is the guy is scared of the US courts ... really, with all the stupid @zz lawsuits in the States it's hard to blame him I guess.

#22 ·
red929 : Quote (Red Rider @ Aug. 12 2003, 5:22pm)Red929, why don't they sell outside of Germany?  I'd like to buy the same one you got, if possible.
It's not just they don't want to sell them outside of Germany, they don't want to sell them to any non-Germans, or at least any Americans.  Apparently the reasoning is legal issues ... they guy kept going on about the POS lady who sued McDonalds after she dumped coffee in her lap and actually won the case.  Bottom line is the guy is scared of the US courts ... really, with all the stupid @zz lawsuits in the States it's hard to blame him I guess.  
Unfriggin' believable...it's just a seat cowl!

#25 ·
BDA116 : Well, it looks identical to the Targa cowl.
Those can be bought by anyone at any time either painted or not.
Not to me ...

I think the Haungs cowl is more sleek and follows the lines of the tail a little better.

For those of you who would like one, I would suggest e-mailing them directly. With enough interest maybe they'll change their minds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.