Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry it took so long to get the pics, but here's the Scion tC my girlfriend got.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We went to the 1st Annual Tucson Scion Society Poker Run yesterday. I was lucky enough to drive the tC for the entire run. It took us thrrough a twisty road she had never been down so I "offered" to drive:D . We run this road on the bikes a lot and I knew it would be fun in the car. That thing handles so nice. Way better then my Sentra SE. What fun blast through Picture Rocks and Kinney Road. She won a sweet shifter knob for it and a diecast xB DUB Edition. There was about 40 Scions total. Of the 40, there were 5 tC's, 1 xA, and the rest were xB's. Too bad it had to rain towards the end of the day and ruin what would have been a nice group shot of all the owners and their cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
I've taken all 3 models out at Grattan-they are pretty darn good-not race cars but a lot more than what you would expect.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,466 Posts
Cool.

Hope they support this car, unlike Toyota who completely ignored the 7th gen. Celica(the car the tC is essentially replacing).

I still love my Celica, and it's a highly underrated car IMO. But TRD completely ignored it. Shame.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,499 Posts
Mo Noyz said:
Cool.

Hope they support this car, unlike Toyota who completely ignored the 7th gen. Celica(the car the tC is essentially replacing).

I still love my Celica, and it's a highly underrated car IMO. But TRD completely ignored it. Shame.
Easier to support this car b/c of all the Camry parts.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,466 Posts
Yeah, that was one thing that really hurt the Celica, the fact that it had it's own engine that wasn't shared with anything else. Well, except the Audi TT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Good and Bad news re: TRD

Good News its in house for Toyota Motor Corp Now-more money-better quality-eventually more stuff to be offered.

Bad News, its a little slow and tedious to get that rolling-and IMO by that time there are more aftermarket things out there.

2ZZ motors are awesome-the news really is what they are stuffing in the New Lexus GS-hint-next Supra-albeit tagged as a Lexus.

Linus

Did you mean the Lotus Elise?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,568 Posts
I've only ridden in one of the new Celicas and I didn't like it. It was small, and not that comfortable. Driving it would probably be a different story, but I really have no desire to after going for a ride.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,466 Posts
Phobe,

Yes, you are correct. For some reason I thought that the VVTi-L in the GT-s was the same engine that was in the TT.

I forgot that 2ZZFE was built specifically for the GT-s(a Yamaha engine if I recall correctly). Both are 1.8 liters and rated for 180 horsies sans FI.

And yes, you're right, the car does handle like a go cart. Being under 2500lbs has it's advantages. I still get a kick out of driving mine everyday. :thumb:

Just sucks that TRD didn't support it with more go fast goodies.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,466 Posts
ND4SPD said:
I've only ridden in one of the new Celicas and I didn't like it. It was small, and not that comfortable. Driving it would probably be a different story, but I really have no desire to after going for a ride.
It is very small, with damn near no headroom. I still bonk my head on the ceiling everyday(damned sunroof!). As much as I still love mine, I can honestly say I wouldn't like riding in it either.

But behind the wheel? :thumb: It isn't big on power, but it handles like it's on rails. And the brakes are incredible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
Mo Noyz said:
Phobe,

Yes, you are correct. For some reason I thought that the VVTi-L in the GT-s was the same engine that was in the TT.

I forgot that 2ZZFE was built specifically for the GT-s(a Yamaha engine if I recall correctly). Both are 1.8 liters and rated for 180 horsies sans FI.

And yes, you're right, the car does handle like a go cart. Being under 2500lbs has it's advantages. I still get a kick out of driving mine everyday. :thumb:

Just sucks that TRD didn't support it with more go fast goodies.
And the fact that the TT is a 1.8L Turbo 5 valve head also shared with the GTI, Jetta, Passat, A4. I used to work for VW and now Toyota. Whole differant animal.

But yes the Celica GTS is a fun car to drive.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top