Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm happy with mine, I just need to install a license plate holder and the turn signals...I want the cleanest look possible.

here's what I have...

I'm interested to see what you guys have.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What brand is that?

What are your plans for signals?

My PowerBronze carbon-look undertail just arrived today. I have a Clear Alternatives integrated replacement taillight also waiting. Maybe this weekend I will be brave and try to install. I think I have to drill a couple holes to mound my plate on the PB undertail.

Any tips or advice or steps you can offer on removing all that crap and handing the wiring would be GREATLY appreciated. It has been a LONG time since I've done any wrenching beyond replacing my lawn mower blade... :crying:

·
Registered
16 Posts
OK, I completed the weekend FE project, and pictures have been posted to My Gallery. It is the PowerBronze "Carbon Look" Undertail, paired with the Clear Alternatives Smoke colored integrated taillight/signals.

I will admit I strugged with almost every single aspect, beginning with just taking the stock pieces off! I was trying to be very careful with it though, and it has been raining here all weekend, so I wasn't in a hurry. In the end, the fit and finish is very nice, and I'm quite pleased!

Minnesota has recently passed laws about license plate tweaks. It has to be horizontal, lighted, and clearly visible (not tucked way in front of the rear tire). The PowerBronze kit was just excellent for mounting my plate and lighting it to keep LE off my back. To be honest, I'm not sure if the integrated taillight/signals from Clear Alternatives is legal here. I asked a State Patrol officer and he wasn't sure. It looks and works fantastic though, so I'm going with it.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I posted them to My Gallery. Try clicking on the Gallery button just below my post. Let me know if that works or not, as this is the first time I tried to save photos.

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts