Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all have them. Or will. A crash. An off. Highside, lowside, fixation, rearend, car cuts you off, or even cold tires (Snowblade ;))
If you have some pictures or videos, put 'em up.
Only rule is - You gotta have a picture or video. No novels.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
This was my RC51. Holly (RIP)

Old Lady ran an intersection....:(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The pics I have of my crash at Mid Ohio are pretty minor compared to these. I went off at turn 9. Bike stayed on the right side in the gravel and so minimized the damage. I got it back to the garage and rode it the rest of the day after much duct taping and safety wiring until a large section of the underside of the fairing came off and I got black flagged.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Aye Macca....maybe you should not name her...um....Rhonda...:smilebig:
Glad your alright....poor babies though...

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ummmmmm............ Macca -- are you seeing a pattern here? :smilebig:
Jeez, those are all pretty serious looking. That's not counting Zed right?
I sure am glad you're OK after those getoffs. :cheers:
Slainte!

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
You might be onto something there w_f. :thumb:

Ummmmmm............ Macca -- are you seeing a pattern here? :smilebig:
Jeez, those are all pretty serious looking. That's not counting Zed right?
I sure am glad you're OK after those getoffs. :cheers:
Slainte!
Zed's OK for the moment jon :rotfl:. Pattern, bloody hope not, still not as bad as blade_fighter's Yamaha though.

Rhonda #1 and #2 hurt big time, #2 the worst. :crying:

·
Registered
125 Posts

Full of fail here... brisk Saturday morning... Crash was caused by rider error. About 1:16 is when it gets good.

Started the ride was still a bit groggy. Notice I was fighting against the lean. I've been on that corner thousands of times before going faster. I usually have much better body positioning but that day I didnt...

Not to mention im 6'0, was 270 at the time on a Ninja 500 with decent tires. They were Battle axes. 130 rear tire. That was also the first time I ever dragged peg so I was spooked. The line re-position was fine and not what caused the accident.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
the3cavalry wreck 6.30.12 - YouTube

Full of fail here... brisk Saturday morning... Crash was caused by rider error. About 1:16 is when it gets good.

Started the ride was still a bit groggy. Notice I was fighting against the lean. I've been on that corner thousands of times before going faster. I usually have much better body positioning but that day I didnt...

Not to mention im 6'0, was 270 at the time on a Ninja 500 with decent tires. They were Battle axes. 130 rear tire. That was also the first time I ever dragged peg so I was spooked. The line re-position was fine and not what caused the accident.
That sucks, glad you're ok after that one. I've seen people get pretty messed up by guardrails.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah. The pegs on the 500 sit real low. I feel much better on the 929 even though I've got dirty bike bars on it.

The camera is a GoPro 2.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts