Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find anything here using the search function. Why is it that some pictures i post get rotated when I attach them? I believe it is probably based on the size of the pic, but I can't figure it out? I have tried to go back and use the edit function to rotate it on my end and re-post it but it appears the same. Someone in the past has gone in and "fixed" the pictures on some past posts. Any advice would be appreciated, file size etc... I really don't want to use photobucket or any other hosting app if need be.

Thanks,
Jay

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
I wish I had an answer, Jay... but I think it's an iphone thing. My wife's phone does the same thing (seemingly without rhyme or reason) all the time :idunno: :bonk:

Maybe one of our more tech savvy members has some insight.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Vern, I forgot to add that 99.9% of the pic's I post are taken from my iPhone then emailed to my Hotmail account and then downloaded/attached from my laptop. Good call brother.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
yeah :hmm:
all that sounds WAY easier than having a photobucket account :rotfl:

·
Administrator
266 Posts
Ya it's an iphone thing, though I've heard some Samsung phones do the same thing.

When you are taking your pics with iphone, you probably feel like you can take it anyway you like, but there is in fact a "right side up" for taking photos. When taking the photo, you want the side with the volume buttons facing towards the ground. If you take the photo with the buttons facing up, then it's technically "upside down" though your iphone will auto-adjust for you. When you upload to the site however, the original orientation asserts itself and the photo ends up on it's head.

So you can either make sure you always take the photo on your phone facing the right way, or save to a computer first, straighten them out there, and then upload.

Kevin

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Kevin, That's a good tip for the iphone I'll look into and screw around with. As for trying to adjust on the computer it always seems to revert to 90 degrees counter clockwise?

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
That might have to do with you still showing up as a "guest" and it has been brought forth to the IT side of things.

Supporting members can have an avatar but non-supporting members should still be able to upload pics.

·
Administrator
266 Posts

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,603 Posts

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
downright bizarre :hmm:

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Quite! I've gotten an email from Zonehead, containing the pics he wants uploaded. I'll add them shortly.

Meanwhile, I've had to leave it with the IT guys to figure out why some members are getting the "guest" tag, instead of "member". Until we know why it's happening, and if/when they find a fix, we'll just have to deal with odd issues like this one until they do.

I'll ask him if he's posting from Tapatalk, the mobile interface, or from a PC/Mac. I'll also ask if he's able to formally log in at all.

·
Administrator
266 Posts
I think we narrowed down on the cause, but the typical fixes aren't doing their thing yet.

It's part of syncing issue. The user info in the backend of things isn't matching with the front end.

Zonehead, I have a fix I can try, but it will include resetting your password. If you want me to give it a go, let me know

Kevin

1 - 20 of 23 Posts